roughly 600 pt. Dwarfs vs. Lizardmen! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roughly 600 pt. Dwarfs vs. Lizardmen!

Well I guess you could call this a grudge match but any way...
    DWARFS
    12 dwarf warriors with 1 veteran
    10 dwarf slayers with full command
    1 organ gun
    2 dwarf thanes with dwarf handgun,sheild,great weapon and gromril armor
    1 dragon slayer
    nite-i equipped my lords with runes, can't remember but they'll pop up in the battle and ill indicate them.

LIZARDMEN

12 saurus warriors with sheilds and full command
    24 skinks with blowpipes
    3 kroxigors with great weapons
    1 saurus scar-vet with sheild, and great weapon

battlefield-A table. nothing special. its a rectangle but the actuale dimensions i dont know. we did a 10 turn game

deployment-the tble was a rectangle so we deployed at the table edges. I set my warriors to guard my organ gun on the left flank, but left room for it to fire(get it?)I set my 2 thanes to intercept any enemies on the right flank. my slayers were to the right in the middle of my deployment zone, ready to go either left or right, and my dragon slayer was at the head of them. As for my opponent, his Warrioirs, headed by his scar-vet, were prepared to attack the right flank, and his kroks and skinks were ready to attack the left. he set them up so his kroks could use the skink screen to their advantage.

1-We rolled to see who would go first, and my opponent would. His skinks and kroks marched towards the left flank, and his warriors and vet lumbered foward.
    I decided to hold my ground
    2-The same as the 1st turn.
    3-He kept moving foward, but kept his units on the right flank out of range of my thanes handguns.Now, i supposed my organ gun was in range, and it was. I missed his skinks, and the misfire chart said i could shoot next turn.Well, it could be worse!
    4-His skinks were in range with their blow-pipes, and they shot at my warriors, but with no avail.using his skink screen, his kroks charged my warriors.He wounded 2, and with S7, i got no saves.My warriors hacked back with ferocity, but it did no good.With combat res., i lost one dwarf.Now on my turn, I turned my slayers to face his kroks, and marched ahead 6 in.
    I did the same with my thanes. I shot the skinks with my organ gun, downing 3.On my combat, My warriors inflicted 2 wounds on 1 krok.The kroks killed 2 warrioirs. combat res inflited the last wound on his krok, and it fell to the earth, never to kill again.
    5-Apparently my opponent thought that his kroks and skinks could finish my dwarfs, so he kept them back(how ****y!)He shot at my slayers with his skinks, and it did nothing.He took out 5 more dwarfs with kroks, and combat res killed the last of them.I charged his kroks with my slayers, and they did not even put a scratch on them. They killed 1 slayer.combat res did nothing to help out with the kroks, as he threw succesful saves.
    6-His skinks charged my slayers and did nothing to them.his kroks killed 2 more slayers.My slayers killed 8 skinks and got a wound on a krok. I shot at his unit of Saurus warrioirs, but was out of range and it blew up.My thanes charged in and killed 9 skinks, and they passed their ld test, but combat res. finished them off.My slayers did nothing to the kroks.The kroks proceded in killing the last of my slayers.dang.
    7-his kroks charged my thanes.They were helpless though, and all died at the hands of my great weapons.So much for killing them off.My opponent sneered and said that 2 thanes couldnt finish him.He was sadly mistaken
    8-His Unit marched foward, and my thanes charged his vet. He killed one thane before being felled by the axe of his avenger.
    9-His warrioirs charged my thane, and did no damage.He killed 8 in turn. On their attacks back, they inflicted a wound.Thats a 50% dead dwarf!combat res killed 1 warrior and the reamaining 2 fled, off the edge of the board

Final-Well, he learned not to be ****y, and never to underestimate a dwarf. I was surprised i won, and he hated himself for being stupid.Well, heres a little story i made up

He looked at the dead bodies of the lizard men and the dwarfs.He was the last one left. From this day forth he was known As Graybeard the Avenger, only dwarf to kill 2 units of scum singlehandedly! Today he travels the mountains and far dephs of land, searching for the 2 lizards!

Feed back plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I'm not familiar with low points games, so i dont understand how combat res. was delivering extra wounds

Ciao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like i know, only undead geting one or more extra wounds if loosing combat.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

im not familiar with lizardmen but im not suprised you won, two thanes AND a dragon slayer? seems a bit overkill on the Heros front, if this had been Border patrol rules it wouldnt have been a legal list- but still, honour was avenged and i love to see Dwarfs kick arse!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also like to know why CR was causing extra wounds, what was going on there?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I believe it was sorted out in the rules forum. A small misunderstanding of the rules by a new player i think

Ciao

+ Reply to Thread