Tourney Match: 2000 Chaos vs Wood Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Tourney Match: 2000 Chaos vs Wood Elves

Alright had another tourney game today, and had a very exciting match vs wood elves. Teh lists are as follows:

Me:

Exalted Sorcerer of Slaanesh: Lvl 4, Spell Familiar, 2x Scoll
    Sorcerer of Slaanesh: Lvl 2, Power Familiar
    -------------------------
    10 Warriors of Slaanesh: HW/Shield
    10 Warriors of Slaanesh: HW/Shield
    10 Warriors of Slaanesh: Halberd
    5 Chosen Knights of Slaanesh, Musician, War Banner
    Chariot of Slaanesh
    15 Marauders, Flails, Musician
    5 hounds
    5 hounds
    5 hounds
    ----------------------------
    5 Furies
    ---------------------------
    3 Dragon Ogres, LA/Great Weapons

His List: (as far as I can remember)

Branchwraith, (super dryad or something)
    Lvl 2 mage with a spite that shoots characters
    Lvl 2 mage with random items
    Altered Noble who can almost fly, (9 inch move or something)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Dryads, (I think units of 10 or 12)
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    5 Scouts
    -------------------------------------
    6 Wardancers
    6 Wild Riders with full command
    6 Wild Riders with full command
    3 Tree Kin

Deployment:

I deploy in more or less a line, with the real hard stuff, (knights and dogers) on one side, and the bulk of my infantry in the middle. I deploy 2 units of hounds on the far right to ideally flank, but it becomes obvious that they will have to change plans. My sorcerers join the two warrior units with shields. He deploys in another line, with archers in the middle and far right. His units of wild riders take each extreme flank, and the dryads form blocks around his troops.

Turn 1:

I take the first turn, and my entire army charges forward except for my hounds who bail the right flank, and start heading behind my army. I only manage to get 1 spell off, but it's a good one. I cast Tittilating dilusions on his main archer unit, forcing them to advance. In his turn, the wild riders on the left charge my knights, and most of his army moves up slightly. His archers have been forced to advance fully, and are now right infront of me. On the far right, his altered noble blitzes up the field very quickly. His other riders advance as well. I manage to block his spells. His shooting kills a unit of hounds. In combat, his wild riders bounce off my knights, who in turn butcher half of them. He flees, I pursue, cut him down, and crash into the dryads. A very successful turn.

Turn 2:

After my movement phase in turn 2, the game looked like I already had it in the bag. My hounds on the left charged into the flank of the dryads, and my Dogers charged the other unit. I charged his main glade guard unit with my chariot, and a unit of warriors. The glades fled, and my chariot caught and destroyed them. My furies charge one of his mages, who flees. Everything was looking wonderful, until the magic phase. My main sorcerer miscast, and rolled a 3. My 2nd mage now only had Blissful Throes, and Enrapturing Spasms. I don't manage to get a single spell off for the rest of the game. In combat, my knights and hounds break the dryads, who are cut down by both. My knights stop short of the table edge, and my hounds run off the board. My Dogers beat the dryads they charged fairly badly, but they hold. In his turn, his sorcerer fails to rally, and runs off the board. His wardancers charge my furies, and his alter/riders advance rapidly up the right flank. Shooting proves minimal, and his magic merely managed to move a forest 2 inches. In combat, my Dogers ravage the remaining dryads, who flee and are cut down.

Turn 3:

My Exalted Sorcerer who can no longer cast magic goes on a mad rampage, dedicating the rest of his existance to killing the wood elf general. He leaves his unit, and chases the caster on foot. My army advances, trying to prepare for the oncoming wood elves. In his turn, his dryads, branchwraith, and alter noble all charge my marauders. His treekin charge my chariot, but fall about a quarter of an inch short. Shooting kills my other hound unit. His remaining sorcerer is trying to evade a unit of hounds I have, and my general. In combat, he tears through my marauders and overruns into one of my warrior units.

Turn 4:

My chariot and Dogers charge his tree kin. My hounds and sorcerer continue to try to kill his last mage. My warrior unit moves in to take out the wardancers. My chariot plows towards his last unit of archers, while my knights and Dogers try to work their way back to the battle. In combat, my warriors get whooped, broken, and cut down by his dryads and hero, who persue into yet another unit.

Turn 5:

By the end of turn 5, all of my warriors are dead. His wardancers charged and killed my last unit, and the other killed off the dryads, but got run down by the alter. His wardancers had overrun into my knights, and WON combat. His alter noble joined the combat.

Turn 6:

I manage to run his archers off the board with my chariot. My sorcerer joins the combat, eager to finally do something. My dogers go after his scouts, but it is clear they won't accomplish anything. In the 2 turns of combat, I kill his alter noble, but I lose all my knights. I break, and my sorcerer is run down.

At the end of the game, I am up by 27 victory points in kills. I control 3 table corners, he controls 1. I no longer have and of his standards, and he has one of mine. So I'm up 127 victory points, which lands the game as a draw.

I was quite suprised by the turn of the game. At the top of turn 2 it looked as if I had the game completely won. I had taken only minimal casualties on my part, and had decimated his entire left flank, and killed one of his mages. However my miscast put me down a bit, as I was deprived of my powerful magic. His wardancers ended up proving rediculously good. They killed about 3 times their points worth in the game. Overall a very enjoyable battle, and really close until the very end.

The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I thought you had it in the bas as well at Turn 2. Kudo's to the WE player for holding there and making a fight out of it.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats a doger?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    whats a doger?
    A dragon ogre. But I like doger better.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post battlemaps. That must've taken some labor.

Yes, wardancers kick butt. They're the best combat unit WEs have in my experience.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool report Badger, it looked like an easy win afterthe first couple of turns, but credit to theelf player for not giving up and forcing the draw. The maps were great and made the report really easy to follow and interpret. Keep them coming.

+ Reply to Thread