500 Points VC -Vs- WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Points VC -Vs- WE

I used this list : Necromancer at level 2
    19 Zombies with Standard and musician.
    15 Skellies with standard and Musician.
    5 Ghouls
    Banshee

He used This: Level 2 Sorceress ( i dont know its proper name) with hail of doom arrows.
    15 Archers with standard
    11 Dyrads with the champion thingy.

This is a campaign at my local shop, so its only 500 points with only one hero.

Set up: I put my skellies and zombies in the middle with my necro in the zombies.
    The banshee Infront of my skelly unit, and my ghouls on the right flank.

He put his dyrad unit opposite my ghouls, and his archers in a long line with the sorceress in the unit.

VC Turn one: I moved the banshee up to the center of the board 2 block line of sight and to hopefully draw out his magic and hail of doom arrows. My ghouls moved towards the dryads.
    My skellis moved forwards to the left of the banshee, and the zombie unit moved 3 inches forward to safely cast magic ( i got invocation and gaze of nagash). I casted gaze of nagash but got swiftly dispelled easily.

WE Turn one: He charged my ghoul unit with the dyrads. It was only then that i realised that if he destroyed that unit, he would overrun straight into my necromancer and zombie unit :cry: !! He tryed to cast fury of the forest on my skellies which where around 6 inches away from some forest. I easily dispelled it with two sixes, and he failed to cast the spell which gives a unit regeneration. His shooting managed to kill 3 skellies aswell. In combat he causes 8 wounds on my 5 ghouls, killing them easily. He overran into my zombie unit as i expected. Things werent looking good.

VC turn two: My banshee ran straight towards his archer unit. My skellies turned round ready to charge next turn. The banshee screamed and killed two archers -.-. In combat he killed 5 of my zombies, and i did nothing. BUT beacuse i had three ranks, a standard and outnumber, i matched him! I had a musician it that unit therefore giving me the win!! :w00t: I was actually dancing here lol. He rolls two beautiful sixes on His LD test and ran only 6 inches, as i cut him down with 9 inches . A great turn.

WE turn two: He didnt move anything. In his magic phase he casted The regeneration spell on his archers, getting it off with two more sixes. Shooting phase: He let loose a hail of doom arrow at my zombie unit, killing an amazing three zombies. The rest of the unit managed to kill 4 more.

VC turn: My skelly unit turns round and sits there again. My banshee moves directly infront of his spellcaster, stopping her from shooting for a turn. My zombie unit pivot and stop, facing the enemy. I manage to cast gaze of nagash, killing 3 more archers. I then summon the five zombies he killed back into my unit. The scream from the banshee didnt work, as i rolled three.

WE Turn Three: He casted fury of the forest on my skellies, killed 5 . Shooting everything at the skellies killed another 3. An uneventful turn.

VC turn four: I moved my skellies 8 inches forwards, hoping to draw more magic and shooting. The banshee moved to the right flank of his unit. My zombies trudged forwards 4 inch because of rubble on the board. I failed to cast gaze of nagash, invocation and i rolled poorly on the scream.

WE turn four : He shot everything at my zombies and used fury of the forest on them, killing 8.

VC turn 5: I moved my Skellies forward towards his archers. My banshee sat still. The zombies tryed to get line of sight but failed. Attempting to summon more skellies failed as i tryed to use an 11+ (it wasnt worth the risk).

WE Turn 5 : He shot and used fury of the forest on my skellies, putting them on 1 man left.

We then agreed on a draw as there wasnt enough points left in any squads.

All in all a good game, advice is welcome . Rob

"The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Nice battle report! Sounds like a good game. ^_^

From what I understand, your Banshee was quite close to the Wood Elf Archers, right? If so, you should have charged the unit, as the Banshee can only be hurt by magic missles/weapons. The Archer unit did not have this, and although you would lose CR, you would hold up the Archer unit and their character, meaning that unit would not be able to shoot or use magic for at least one turn.

This would have benefitted you as your core units would have been able to advance more, without being shot at.

Thanks for sharing!

~P53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Yeah I would have recommended charging the archers until I saw you said he had a standard. In that case it would not be worth it as unless you inflicted a wound you'd die in one turn.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that the standard would cause a wound, but i wasnt sure if the wood elves spellcasters attacks were magical or not, so i didnt charge. Also, i would do more damage screaming and stopping one archer from shooting.

Current Armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Ah but even if you're only in base contact with one archer, the whole archer unit cannot shoot. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Sound like a fun match. As a WE player I can tell you he made some big pt. mistakes in the fight against you. You played the fight very well and while I would have charged the archers with my dryad you were right not to. If he killed your Banshee then used the next turn to rank up he could have been a pain.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive only being playing fantasy for about 6 months so im kinda new to it all. This was the first game i actually beat WE aswell, so a big win for me :rolleyes: . Do you think the list is alright for this tournament?

Current Armies

+ Reply to Thread