Chaos vs Empire 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos vs Empire 1000pts

My Chaos list

Exaulted Champion (Dar'nak)
    Book of Secrets
    Enchanted sheild

Bray-Shaman (Garnath)
    Goretooth
    Chaos Armour
    Spell Filmilar

4 Knights of Chaos
    12 warriors of Khorne w/xhw champion
    20 mauraders lgt armour sheilds full command
    Note general here
    5 warhounds

Beast heard 11 ungors 6 gors w/xhw foe-render
    note shaman here

Empire
    Captin of the Empire (Captin Martin)
    Barded warhorse
    lance
    full plate

Battle wizard lore of light (Stephon Oldenburg)
    Dispell scroll
    wizards staff

Master Eng (Enric Himer)
    Hocland long rifle

5 knights
    full plate
    sheild
    lance

4 Knights full command
    same set up joined by captin

10 great swords full command

15spearmen full command

Great cannon

All we had where two sets of trees since we are just getting back into warhammer. The forest where set up on both extrem flanks.

Battle wizzard chose light and got heal

Bray shaman chose shadow.
    bears anger(goretooth)
    darksteed
    creeping death.

General took dark
    dark hand of death

note... I should have know Since i was already rolling ones this was going to be a long night.

Here it goes sorry if it sucks this is my first battle report.

Just before dawn at and outpost not far from the dark forest Captin Martin is awoken by banging at is chamber door. As he opened his door the Master Engnier burst in.

Enric: Captin Martin sorry for wakeing you but I have just recieve word that there is a chaos raiding party about a days march from here.

Captin Martin: Well man don' just stand there get the troops ready.

Dar'nak approches as small hill sencing movement of to his right he halts is party. A few moments later Garnath approches form a wooded area.

We were able to kill all but one of the scouts exalted one growled garnath

Dar'nak griped the hilt of his sword so tight he thought he might break it.

In a voice almost to calm Dar'kan replies Well we shall have to change are plans then wont we Garnath and glares down at the bray-shaman.

The raiding party continues on to the outpost after several hours of marching Dar'kan can start to hear the noice comeing form the town in the distance as the humans are finishing there defenses. Dar'nak dismouts form his steed and moves forward on foot.

Dar'nak brings his maruders to him and brings them up the center flanked by the warriors of khorne which are inturned being screened by the beast herd. The warhounds deploy infront of the knights on the right flank.

The empire counter with the captain and his knights take the middle to the left of him is the great cannon then the handgunners followed by the spears. To the right are the great swords followed by the other knights.

Turn1

Dar'nak raiding army marchs forward at full speed.The shaman attempts to cast bears anger but miscasts and cannot control the magic (he takes a wound) Dar'kan calls forth the dark hand of death such is the force of the spell the puny human wizard can not attempt to dispell.. but alas only one greatsword falls to the dark arts.

Geneal Martins force advance slowly not wanting to rush into battle with such a formitable army.

The great cannon fires but hits nothing. The long rifles pick off the shaman and the hand gunners kill a ungor

Dar'nak curses the weakness of the shaman his herd better prove useful.

Turn Two

The hounds and Knight who had moved behind the trees previously wheeled back around not expecting such coward actions form the empire the where now going to meet the knights ont he flank. The hounds went through the forest to occupy the greatswords
    the rest of the army moved up and the warriors where in good positon to flank charge the knights if they charge the general.

The spears charge the bestherd and the champions meet in open combat. The spear sgt attacked first but was no match for the foe render and was easily dispatch the spears where able to kill a couple gors but there death was paid in return. (the numbers game got to the herd even though the preformed well they lost the combat by one and where run down)Seeing his spears dispose of the herd Captin Marting charged the maurders and issued a challange to Dar'nak which he gladly execpted. Even with the power of the a charge Captin Martin was no match for Dar'nak. Dar'nak found a chink in that armour and caused one wond. The rest of the knights worried about there captin where only able to kill two maurders. The maurders fought back but there weapons bounced of the knights armour . (Maurders won by 1 but the knights held)

NOTE: the greatswords charged and killed 4 of the hounds and ran down the last but was right in the way of the knights.

Turn 3

The Khorne warriors charged the flank of the knights and even the champion was able to get in on the action. Once agian all eyes where on the two generals. Captain Martin has never seen anyone wield a sword the way Dar'nak could had it not been for his full plate armour he would have died that day (Four freaking wounding hits all saved by his flipn armour) the furry of of blows form the Khornite warriors where something to behold but alas as with the maruders the could only manage to dent the armour. The numours attacks unsettled the knights and they could not bring any maurders down.
    (Chaos won by 5 and the knights ran but not far enough to make off the table and was not able to be caught by the warriors)

Quick question here since we are new ... the nearest table edge was the one behind the mauraders but since they where there the next closest was the flank of the warriors so the ran to the third cloest which was straight back.. did we do this correctly? Or should he have been destoryed by the muraders?

The great swords charge the knights who thought they where protected by the trees and killed one of them in return the knights could only dent the armour of the greatsworders and fled from the battle.

Dar'nak seeing his kinghts run from battle was all he could handle. He will have Captin Martins head someday but today is not that day. Dar'kan sounds the retreat.

The day belongs to the empire (And there was much rejoiceing ...Horay)

Freaking full plate... next time im taken 2handed weapons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Just to answer your question the unit flees from the enemy with the largest unit strength. Also how did you let your knights and warhounds get charged by greatswords?
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knights being charged

I set the hounds and knights up near a forest trying to use it to get in my enemys way but it ended up getting in my way So i sent the hounds out to die to get them out of my way (I still have to get use to this whole screening thing) Then i position my self for a charge on his knights thinking the forest was blocking the great swords on my flank( It was pretty iffy since it was friendly game I gave it to him). On top of that I didnt realize you could strike first with great weapons. Its been almost ten years since i played last and I thought i remembers some old rule about great weapons always strikeing last. So I wasnt worried i figured my knights woul smack him down like a little biznuch and run off the board so i could get me some of his knights and make up for the points i lost early one ( frign shaman).

We both made alot of mistakes that game but you live and learn. Things sure have changed form the way i remember them, but I already feel I have a much stranger army for the the next time i face the false idol Captin Martin.

+ Reply to Thread