1500 Wood Elves vs. Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

1500 Wood Elves vs. Chaos

More Games Day Tourney practice. My friend that I played agaunst will also be there and he was playtesting his list as well. This is my first time playing against hordes of chaos. This was only his second time playing this army and the first time he beat counts, but he now he was playing with an army that could outmaneouvre him so his deployment hurt him. I did learn a lesson though, khorne chosen knights will f you up (no matter how long you neutralize them for).

My GD tourney List

Wardancer Noble
    Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

BSB Noble
    oaken Armour

Spellsinger (treesinging)
    2 Scrolls

X2 10 GG
    musicians

X2 8 Dryads

5 Glade Riders
    musician

7 wardancers
    musician

5 Wild Riders
    musician
    standard
    Warbanner

14 Eternal Guard
    Full Command

Chaos

Chaos Sorcerer (general, Fireball, flaming sword)
    Power Familiar

Bray Shaman (Blissful throes, luxurious torment)
    bray staff
    MoS

7 warhounds

6 Chaos Knights
    MoS
    Full Command

5 Chosen Chaos Knights
    MoK
    Full Command

6 Mounted Daemonnettes

Beast Herd (9-12)
    Full Command

Chaos Giant

Deployment (from my view)
    ...................Chosen...................................sorcerer....... ................................................
    ...................Hounds.........MD...............Knights................. .................Hill (herd)......Giant
    Hill....................................................................... ...myTrees.......................................
    .............Wild.........Glade............................................ ................................................
    ..........................................trees(dancers)..............GG... .......Drys.......EG....Drys.......GG

He Won the roll for first turn (when will people learn that I like the last turn?)

Chaos 1
    Move- His nettes ruhed up to charge range of my GR with the hounds and chosen behind, cursing the daemons' speed. The slaanesh knights rushed up, its flank facing the wood, moonstone anyone? The herd and Giant rush down the other flank (that army is fast).
    Magic- he gets fireball on the dancers and fails to wound. He then casts luxorious torment on my gg on the far right.

Wood Elf 1
    Move- The glade riders move into the mounted nettes' grill, and the wild riders move to charge them. I moonstone the dancers so that they are facing the slaanesh knights' flank. The EG move behind the GG that are about to be charged by said knights. The dryads shift to the left behind the woods.
    Magic- we will just skip this.
    Shoot- The frenzy worked on my glade guard because they managed to put 4 wounds on the giant at short range. The other unit kills a knight while the riders fail to wound the daemons.

Chaos turn 2
    Move- The nettes charge the glade riders who hold. The slaanesh knights charge the gg who stand and fail to wound. The herd is march blocked and oves forward a little. The giant moves towards the main action. The warhounds and chosen move to threaten my riders.
    Magic- Fireball smokes a dancer while blissful throes takes down 2 dryads.
    Combat- Ofcourse my sacrificial glade guard and riders go down, the nettes' flank is exposed and the slaanesh knights overrun into the EG.

WE 2
    Move- Dancers charge the rear of the knights, wild riders charge the flank of the nettes. The dryads move behind the trees.
    Shooting- I put another wound on the scary giant (the throes having been killing 1 GG a turn).
    Combat- The noble challenges, fails to killing blow but kills the knight twice anyway. My others guys fail to killing blow or wound and he fluffs his attacks. He is cross fired by dryads with the dancers and guard going towards his deploment zone. The wild riders killed 2 nettes and the pop ofcourse, I do not overrun.

Chaos 3
    Move- no charges, The beast herd moves up, away from the dryads but they are seen by my dancers. The giant, however, moves towards the dryads, he is terrified of my frenzied archers. The warhounds and chosen surround my wild riders.
    Magic- The fireball killed another wardancer, stupid throw three dice at an 8. I scroll the throes

WE 3
    Move- Dancers charge the herd who holds. The EG move to support the WR who move to threaten the sorcerer, This left my flank open to the hounds, I dared them to charge. The GG( now 3) and dryads move the threaten the giant making good use of tree. The other unit moves to flank the herd if things go bad.
    Shoot- fail to wound the giant.
    Combat- I take the extra attack, the noble kills 3 while the dancers wound 9 of 10 hits, but they only kill 6 because that's all the gors left. The shaman kills one, they break and I run them down, go dancers.

Chaos 4
    Move- Warhounds charge me in the flank, chosen which were pretty much out of the game up to this point moves to threaten my Wild riders and Eternal guard. The giant dares my dryads to charge, oh well.
    Magic- Fireball is scrolled.
    Combat- He fails to wound with the dogs, I kill 2 in return with my one rider and horse, He flees, I elect not to pursue because I don't expect them to rally on ld. 5.

WE 4
    Move- I was playing right up to this point and here comes my idiot play of the game, instead of moving up in his grill, I declare a charge on his sorcerer who flees, i fail the charge giving his chosen my riders' rear. The dryads and gg charge the giant while the other dryads move to support my riders and EG.
    Combat- GG fail to kill it but th dryads do't have a problem, It falls and kills 1 dryad.

Chaos 5
    All he has are the chosen and some stuff running, my gg die to torment.
    Move- He charges the rear of my Wild Riders, the sorcerer and dogs don't rally.
    Combat- Thankfully he only kills two riders after I pass 4 of 6 ward saves (won me the game). I break of course but get away by far (which is bad).

WE 5
    Move- Apparently I am still wearing my idiot hat and forget that WR can move when they rally and charge the dryads into his rear, I then move up my EG which means when he pursues, he will get into my EG's rear.
    Combat- I kill one :w00t: , he kills several, I need a 4, I roll a 5 then 11. He gets me.

Chaos 6
    Move- his hounds and sorcerer fail to rally so they are dead, the chosen charge the rear of my EG.
    Combat- My brave noble challenges the champ to save his bodyguards {confused} He takes a wound and does none back, The regular knights take out half of the EG. I hold, go Ld. 9 stubborn.

WE 6
    Move- taking some quarters.
    combat- My noble regenerates both wounds, yeah I salvaged all those points, then his knights killed all but three EG, fantastic, the 3 horses can't possibly everyone else off? can they? They did, my noble broke and he catches. That was 738 points he captured in my last turn (

Wood Elves left-
    SS
    Dancer noble
    .5 dancers
    WR
    dryads

Chaos left-
    Freaking Chosen Chaos Khorne Knights.

He had a quarter and 3 banners and my BSB with that one unit (the LeBron James of his army) which totalled about 1275 VP

I had 2 quarters, a banner, and his general, totalling about 1580.

Minor Victory to the WE again. Yup the list is strong yet fun, I am looking for a high placing.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Hey Orkimedes, good to see you still on the boards. Thanks for the writeup. I always enjoy them, especially when WEs win since mine having been doing too hot lately.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good report, good playing. Have you played that list against any Empire / Dwarf gunlines? Just wondering how it would fare with no real super-fast warmachine answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Yea, my least favorite part about the list is the no eagle. But you have to remember the moonstone, when he puts down a hill Ill put a tree right behind it and I get my free wood which I can put in my deployment zone, there immune to psychology skirmishers behind your warmachines. If he choses no hill I am lining up behind the dryads and running up one flank. Frankly how many guns can you field at 1500 and I am only afraid of the hellblasters and organ guns and you cn only field one. I don't expect my opponents to misfire because that doesn't happen to often against me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

So you find that a 15-strong Eternal Guard unit holds up?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkimedes41792 View Post
    Yea, my least favorite part about the list is the no eagle. But you have to remember the moonstone, when he puts down a hill Ill put a tree right behind it and I get my free wood which I can put in my deployment zone, there immune to psychology skirmishers behind your warmachines. If he choses no hill I am lining up behind the dryads and running up one flank. Frankly how many guns can you field at 1500 and I am only afraid of the hellblasters and organ guns and you cn only field one. I don't expect my opponents to misfire because that doesn't happen to often against me.
    True, good point. Keep writing more reports man, can't get enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    So you find that a 15-strong Eternal Guard unit holds up?
    Well I have only played two games with them at 1500 and they have not killed anything yet. It is mainly the fear factor andnit is a good center for my army, it causes deployment mistakes because most people know that if he charges he will get flanked and hard, Also good for taking quarters.

+ Reply to Thread