Wood Elves do Gamesday - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Wood Elves do Gamesday

Saturday I went to my first Games Day and I played in the fantasy tournament. I played 3 good games against great opponents. I also talked to Jervis about the new codex and saw some of the previews for Warhammer Online. Going in I wanted a top 10 finish. Here is the list I took that I was up to 4 painting and didn't even finish them.

Noble- 140
    Wardancer Kindred
    Moonstone of the hidden Ways

Noble- 140
    BSB
    Oaken Armour

Spellsinger- 140
    2 scrolls

X2 10 GG- 126
    musician

5 Glade Riders- 129
    musician

X2 8 Dryads

7 Wardancers- 133
    musician

5 Wild Riders- 173
    musician
    standard
    Warbanner

14 eternal Guard- 198
    Full Command

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...17/Woodies.jpg

Game 1 vs. Mike's Common Goblinz- table 13

Big Boss
    Best Basha
    some other stuff

BSB
    Warbanner

shaman
    lvl 2
    2 scrolls

54 Goblinz
    FC

49 Goblinz
    fc

50 goblinz
    fc

12 Wolf Riders
    FC
    Shields

4 Spear Chukkas

Wolf chariot

Doom diver

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ikesGobboz.jpg

With only 3 big blocks gobbos I knew if I cold get around the flanks with my fast cav I would be in great position. I took first turn and moonstoned my Wardancers to the left side of the board with dryads on either side where all his spear chukkas and wolf riders were on the hill. His wolf riders failed their fear check to charge my dryads and got charged in return, I then lost combat twice failed ld. and outran them, they then got reared by dancers. By turn 5 his entire right flank collapsed in rturn for a couple of dryads (go skirmisher rush). In the center, his mages unit failed animosity for the first three turns and in the last turn they got dancers in the front and wild riders in the rear, ran and didn't rally. The general's unit delcared a waagh and charged my eternal guard his general put a wound on the bsb but i held. They then got flanked by Wild riders the next turn, my bsb died and he held. But next turn the riders got 2 attacks a piece and ran the unit down. My Glade Riders march blocked the last unit since turn two while taking shots at the doom diver taking out the crew after a few turns. The block was then taken out by a double flank charge from the glade riders and wild riders. The chariot on the right flank moved up so I wouldn't get a stand and shoot with gg but i decided to charge it and beat it down after 2 turns. In the end he had nothing and I had lost my BSB

MVP- Wild Riders

WE VP- 2400
    Gobboz VP- 240

Result- Massacre for the Woodies

Game 2 vs. Joey's Skaven- table 2

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x286/Nofy17/Joey.jpg

Plague Priest
    Warpstone Amulet
    Warpstone Charm

Warlock Engineer
    Scroll
    Storm Daemon
    All the other goodies

Chieftan
    BSB
    Storm banner

24 Clanrats
    FC
    Ratling Gun

25 Stormvermin
    FC
    Warbanner
    Ratling Gun

10 Night Runners
    sling

10 plague Monks

6 Jezzails

9 plague censer bearers

Tunneling team (5)
    poisoned weapons
    poisoned stars
    champ

Atleast the list wasn't the usual skaven stay back and shoot you up. It was looking bad when I decided to charge my dancers into his plague monks, I only got 2 guys in and missed all my attacks, lost combat and were run down. However in the same turn I got 2 dryads into his censer bearers. He lost two from the censers I lost none. I killed 4 censer bearers and his priest killed 4 dryads. He lost and was run down, panicking the jezzails and night runners, only the night runners rallied. On the other flank the gutter runners charged the glade riders who fled and then got ran down by Wild riders. The Wild Rider were shot down by a ratling gun that then blew up while the other was shot down by GR before it could shoot. In the center the plague monks charged the glade guard who fled they then got charged in the flank by the ralied gg and in the rear by dryads, the were run down. Th clanrats with bsb and warlock then invited the gg to charge. The Glade guard and 1 dryad hit the front while the glade riders hit the flank. I won combat (who said archers can't fight) and ran him down with the dryads picking up both standards. The night runners then charged the victorious GR and GG who both fled leaving the dryads to fight the dryads . Ofcourse they were run down. In an attempt to gain back VP he charged the stormvermin into the Eternal guard but could not break stubborn ld. 9 with rerolls . I had a half a dryad unit, half the EG, 1.5 GG, spellsinger, glade riders, two quarters and two banners. He had the Stormvermin left.

MVP- Glade Riders

WE VP- 1725
    Rats Vp- 852

Result- Major Victory

Game 3 vs. Jason's Dwarfs- Table 3

Thane
    Some stuff and the Master Rune of Challenge

X3 20 Dwaf Warriors
    FC
    Some with GW some with shields

19 Dwarfs
    FC
    Shields

7 Miners

12 Quarellers
    GW

2 Bolt throwers
    one with burning

Cannon
    forging

Organ Gun

This is probably the one army I wanted to face the least, it is somewhat unfortunate that we got matched up but Jason was a great guy. He castle up in one corner with the exception of a bolt thrower and quarellers. I just ran around trying to get table quarters and had my dryads go after the quarellers and bolt thrower. I never made it to the BT but the quarrelers went down as did my dryads. His miners came up behind me and tried to charge my gg but I shot 2 down and they ran of the board. The entire game I took potshots at his crew with GG and did not woud once. In the end he killed both dryad units, half the EG and half one GG. I had 3 quarters to his one. It was as even as it gets.

MVP- Dancers they took his quarter

WE VP- 452
    Stunties VP- 454

Result- Draw

Breakdown:

Glade Guard+ spellsinger- they were great excpet in the last game, they couldn't even hurt the dwarfs. I think they should be in every WE army excpet for pure forest spirits. I am happy I didn't face any magic heavy armies but I think a scroll Caddy is enough for 1500.

Glade Riders- Great for fleing and setting up charges especially since they can move when they rally also their rank breaking and couple of shots are priceless.

Dryads- Everyone and their mothers know they are underpriced. I love them and think ther are the best skirmishers point for point in the game.

Wardancers+ Noble- they were great and my hardest hitter the sheer number of attacks that they can dish out is frightening and made the dwarfs think twice about contesting their own table quarter.

Wild Riders- 5 is enough 6 is even better, two units is just scary. With the warbanner they are great for breaking units and causing fear on the charge is fantastic. Also they do not lose their power after the charge.

Eternal Guard + BSB- They are pretty much unbreakable, they never charged and never were in combat without being peppered first. They are a fantastic anvil.

Result-
    A massacre, major Victory, and draw gives me- 47of 60 BP
    Staying up to 4 am painting most of my models gives me- 15 of 25 paint
    I got- 22 of 30 for sports.

I had a total of 84 Points which gives me 11th but since I wanted top 10, I will say that I tied for 10th.

Hope you enjoyed the report.

P.S. sorry for the quality of the pics, I will have better ones next time.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Thanks for the report, and congrats on your results. So you "tied for 10th", but you had a good list and some good games. Sounds like a blast overall. You've done the WE proud, my friend. Those dwarves are always a problem for us anyway - oh well... may as well give the dwarf player his moment, since life must be tough for someone with such poor taste in armies. :shifty:

I'm curious to see the images, but your links don't seem to be working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Yea, I do not know how to make it work. Also the winner on the table behind me (#4) Jordan Braun went onto win the entire Tourney with his awesome Santa Claus themed Night Gobbo (I think they were also player's choice) list, lengthening his lead in the tournament circuit. I am not sure who was 2nd but I guy by the name of angelo finished third with his marauders, nice guy I had a chance to talk with about my list and how it works. It was also no surprise that Tim Walkers amazing Empire army won the Best army award.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Yeah, it works now. I didn't have my camera so i used my phone and i forgot to take pics. Next time it will be better and there will be more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Looks like a good and fun tournament. Good job on bringing us Woodies pride and honor!! :w00t:
    Armies: Wood Elves, High Elves
    Warbands Campaign 07: 1st
    San Antonio Alamo GT

+ Reply to Thread