Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Alright folks, here's the deal - I'm looking for some fluff from you guys so that I have a few characters to follow during the campaign. These guys could turn into special characters for certain scenarios, or just show up in parts of 'The Story So Far' thread. But I'd like to give you all a bit of incentive to write up some cool intro fiction for one of these characters. This will be run like the Fluff Wars entries, if you're not familiar with the format, here it is:
- Stories are limited to 1000 words or less (this week's entry in 'The Story So Far' was less than 900 words, so you've got some kicking around room).
- PM your stories, or a link to your story (if you're familiar with GoogleDocs) to me.
- I will pair your stories up with another writer from the opposing faction, and post them in the WHFB Fluff section, with a link in this thread. Voting will then begin immediately.
- Voters will read both stories and give them a score between 1 and 5. You don't have to be participating in the campaign to vote, you can also register in the campaign if you'd like to enter a story!
- When I tally up wins and losses from everyone's games next week, I'll also tally up the votes. Matches between writers will count as a game, with scoring working just like it does for a tabletop battle. However, each story submitted (win or loss) will count as 1 victory for the faction who submitted it. So even if you don't think you're the best of writers, submit a story anyways just to grab the free win!
-Penalties: I will deduct 1pt from every vote if you go over the 1000 word limit. I will also deduct 1pt from every vote if you don't include a title. I'm sure that you can all come up with a title for your story, and there's a Word Count option on most word processors, so you shouldn't have any trouble with either of these things.
What should you write about?
Well, you could provide a background for a character in the campaign. Maybe he's the general of your main army, maybe he's just an average soldier or even a non-combatant watching from afar. Try to refrain from writing fluff about the ruler of an entire faction - I've already got a lot of the big players covered. But a general or field commander, or a chieftain, or whatever you'd like - I'm still looking for those kinds of characters. Why not explain why he's fighting, where he's located in the world, or who he's fighting against. All of this will help make a more interesting character to read about (which means a better chance you'll win the contest) and makes it more likely that you'll see your character again during the campaign in some guise.
Heya, just tried to send you a PM with my story, but it says your PM Box is full Might want to delete some stuff?
Sounds like fun! I might try and knock something out, see how it goes. And at least if I don't manage that I'm subscribed here so I won't miss anything that others write!
I can't send a PM with links to GoogleDocs for my story as I keep getting the following error message:
The following errors occurred with your submission
CaptainSarathai has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
I can't pm either.
“The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
- Myron Krueger
Alright, sorry folks - I haven't been online for a few days. I didn't realize that my PM box was full. I have a few of your submissions, but I understand that a few of you were unable to get through.
In light of that, I'm going to change things up a bit - I'm going to postpone the voting section of this endeavor until after this weeks results have been tabulated. My PM box has been emptied out, so you should be able to send me messages now. The same formatting still holds - I'll pair you up as I receive your messages. When I calculate this week's results, I'll post the first wave of submissions all at once, and let the voting begin.
I'll still take submissions after that however, there will just be less time to vote on them. I'll calculate all votes as part of next week's results. Ok? Sound fair to you guys?