Captain&Anti's: BATTLEFIELD OF DEATH! - Page 10 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Guys, I've seen the handful of posts here, and it seems there's still a call for this. Sorry I let it lapse for so long. I'm hoping to get through all of the remaining potential pairings, tomorrow, with the exception of my fights, and the fight against Anti. Remaining two rounds of pairing should be:

MPD vs. AZR
    KARL vs. CAP
    ANTI vs. SPAM

MPD vs. SPAM
    KARL vs. AZR
    ANTI vs. CAP

I will have all of the results, and will PM them to Anti. I will start in on the writing, but the important thing is that the results are backed up somewhere, so that if I disappear again, at least we can tell everyone how/where they placed.

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Rolls for R3 are done, writing will be up tomorrow. I need time to figure out something that doesn't sound like the last 4 fights that I've written. The rolls weren't bad though - glass cannons against slightly-less-glassier cannons made for some quick duels all around.
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; August 18th, 2014 at 02:18.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! Excited to see this rolling again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I'm a bit confused.

What is supposed to be happening?

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Well, the plan was to roll every one of the fights that I was not part of myself. Then PM the results to you so that if I disappeared again, someone could at least share "who won".
    Obviously, you haven't gotten that PM yet (because I only rolled the fights I was supposed to have done for this round), and I have done f'all as far as writing goes.
    I'm honestly about to can it. I hate doing that, I really, really do, not only because it looks bad on me, but also because it gives LO a bad rap. I'm supposed to be a mod and community leader, blah blah, but LO is also supposed to be a thriving and dedicated community where we start what we finish, etc.

I'm just very busy. If we're being truthful, my massive activity in the past owed a lot to boredom - I only worked 20-30hrs a week, and didn't have any money to go out and do things. Now, I work 40-50hrs each week (1400-2230 Mon-Fri, with some Saturdays in there for good measure), and have plenty of cash to go out and be sociable. I'm still dealing with our slow-as-tar legal system, in addition to having opened a second case against the state (ironically). I have a new car to play with, am working/learning on a "fix it and it's yours" motorcycle, and have been gearing up to finally build a decent gaming PC. Like I said: MONEY!

On the other side of the coin, I've been getting edged out of Warhammer pretty effectively. LO is slowing down (we usually do in the summer, until you all go back to school), and I've been having a tough time finding actual opponents to play. All of the clubs meet on week nights while I'm at work, and they've got all the tables. Fitting a table into my tiny 1bedroom apartment is nigh on impossible, and the same can be said for my two regular gaming mates (one just moved out into his own place, the other is still in his tiny bedroom at home). My collection is definitely not Tournament-Legal at the moment, but with few options to play outside of tournaments, it's hard to justify dropping the $500 on any of the WHFB projects I've got lined up. Instead, I've been playing/making a lot of simple board games, and searching for a weekend D&D group (both to play, and potentially convert over to ttgs).

I'm not out - I'm not leaving LO or stepping down a Mod/Leader. I can still pop in and help out with threads, post up stickies and the like. I just really don't have the energy for these kinds of ongoing projects. LO/Warhammer has finally gone back to being a hobby for me, instead of my job/life. Admittedly, it feels a lot healthier, and I'm a bit happier about it. I didn't enjoy coming home, sitting down, and right before I open that beer realizing, "oh crap - I have to roll/write another match by 'Day-X" and then just procrastinating or avoiding LO altogether.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

So be it.

In about one week, I shall return to the Netherlands.

Upon setting foot on home ground, I will go full Tomb Kings Rule on the Campaign - My Will Be Done.

There is a one week deadline for Capt. to PM me any rolls of write ups for me to include - otherwise I'll just do it myself from scratch.

If anyone wants to help me out with either rolls or fluff feel free to PM me as well (it's fun if you only have one to do).

This campaign is going to be completed, one way or another, and soon.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Thanks Anti. I'm glad that someone is still going to do it, and I'm sorry that I couldn't see it through. I'll pm the rolls for this last round right now, to save you some of the work.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910