Storm Of Chaos How Did Valten Die? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bassically the title explaines it.

tnks in advane

o-yes, who is this "cheese master" ppl keep talking about in the other thread?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Your answer can be found here on the last page right near the last paragraph.

KU

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valten was assassinated by Snitch, the master assassin of the skaven, also called cheese master.
    This master of disguise left a glowing green blade where Valten had been lying down, and he had made a big skaven-triangle on the wall. GG, Mr.Bond.
    Or did the emperor Karl Franz set it up so that everyone would blame the skaven? If Valten would've lived, Karl Franz surely would've lost his throne to Valten, chosen of Sigmar. So he killed him.

So we have two choices: either Gav made some very stupid fluff, or he made good fluff, with conspiracy dealies! I like to think the latter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is he refered to as the cheesemaster?? Are more people whinging about skaven (yawns loudly)

Although I think it would be good if sniktch killed valten, being a skaven player an' all, it would definately be a better storyline if Karl Franz did it, or even better, paid Sniktch to do it!!! Nya-ha!!! Interesting... interesting...
    ...And I shall be there, waiting, at the gates of hell, you shall not escape my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Why is he refered to as the cheesemaster??
    Gav says 'hmm, we need this character killed... How can we do it, what inventive and interesting thing shall we do next? What? Coffee break? Bugger it! The Skaven got another one, end of story.'

And you wonder why people complain?

Judging from the rest of the SoC I am inclined to believe that the Skaven killed Valten. But as I have heard other people say, the 'best' assassin in the world who kills and leaves perfectly just drops a symbol and a knife at the scene? Sounds like a setup to me. What actually happened is anyones guess until GW reveals something, Valten could be live or dead, could have run away or be in hiding, killed by any number of characters... There is too many possibilities.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, in the numerous battles with the skaven during the SoC, they could've captured a skaven magic item, and they have probably seen the most common skaven symbol on standards and such, so it's the obvious thing to draw on the wall.
    But so far Skaven has been but a myth to the Empire. Perhaps Karl Franz knew about them, but decided to not tell the scholars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones who really run the empire know of Skaven now, they are only a myth to the ignorant but hardy common folk of the empire.
    Any count or general really worth his salt knows and despises the rat-folk.
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't the green knight of bretonnia hav a green sword? :hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BretonnianHero@Jan 17 2005, 15:18
    doesn't the green knight of bretonnia hav a green sword? :hmm:
    [snapback]305260[/snapback]
    Actually the Green Knight would be a great person for the Emporer to call on because no one would suspect a Bretonnian ghost to kill the chosen of sigmar. On the other hand, how would the worshippers of Sigmar find the lady and her loyal servant and ask them, when so many of the Lady's own worshippers work all of their lives to simply find her. Would she find Karl Franz loyal enough to talk to. Or perhaps Louen Leoncoeur was in on it too. This may mean that the Empire and the Bretonnians are closer than everyone suspects. But, I doubt it.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one 'round to hear it is it still my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thought: What if Luther (Huss) hides Valten, and just says to Karl F he's dead So he can someday go like: " Hey hey! Praise the Gods, for Sigmar is with us once more. Now lets make him king." or something like that.

Or what if Luthor killed Valten? "You were defeated in battle. Thou cannot be the reincarnation of Sigmar. Why you little. ¤@µ% !" *Strangle, strangle, boink, stab.*

and in eighter of thoose cases the blade and the mark is just to draw suspicion away.
    We Norwegians are a simple folk. We just use a new dialect every two miles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast