Artillery questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artillery questions

Hello All,

I have three little questions regarding the good ol Great cannon.

1) When shooting the cannon at chariots with characters riding them, if your cannon shot rips throught the entire model, do you hit both the chariot and the character on top or just the chariot or is it distributed as shooting?

2) If you hit an artillery piece, do you hit the machine and one crew member or just the machine?

3) When firing the cannon at a target on top of a hill, does the second cannonball bounce hit the side of the hill as it did in sixth edition rules, or has that rule been removed, as i cannot seem to find any refernce in seventh edition?

Many thanks!!

Last edited by muppetconstrictor; August 1st, 2007 at 11:12.
    The Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League - 30 active members and still looking to expand!

Check out our website at http://www.hebbl.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muppetconstrictor View Post
    Hello All,

I have three little questions regarding the good ol Great cannon.

1) When shooting the cannon at chariots with characters riding them, if your cannon shot rips throught the entire model, do you hit both the chariot and the character on top or just the chariot or is it distributed as shooting?

2) If you hit an artillery piece, do you hit the machine and one crew member or just the machine?

3) When firing the cannon at a target on top of a hill, does the second cannonball bounce hit the side of the hill as it did in sixth edition rules, or has that rule been removed, as i cannot seem to find any refernce in seventh edition?

Many thanks!!
    1) answer: no you roll to randomize the cannon ball hit on the roll of a the character is hit and 1-5 it is the chariot.

2) Cannons you draw a line wherever the cannon ball first strike the ground to it's second striking of the ground you draw a line anything in that line is hit by str 10 cannon ball so if the machine and one crewman are in the line yes if the crewmen are not in the line due to bing on the side of the machine or something then no crewmen are harmed.

3) I would say follow the sixth edition errata for cannon ball bouncing unless you hear otherwise and remember the cannon has to strike level ground then bounce into a hill for it not to hit the targets on the hill and just embed itself into the rock. However if the cannon hits the hill the bounce effects the machine or men on the hill.

I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction. Good gaming.
    "He made it look easy. Even though it never was. He never stopped fighting for what he believed in...or for what he believed his country should be."-Captain America the Death of a Dream

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

this will probably get a better response in the realm of rork, rules slann of wfb. Just sacrifice some muffins, that should get him here soon enough.

*Thread moved*

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd agree with everything that HP said. Nothing to add, really...

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by HP Soundwave View Post
    3) I would say follow the sixth edition errata for cannon ball bouncing unless you hear otherwise and remember the cannon has to strike level ground then bounce into a hill for it not to hit the targets on the hill and just embed itself into the rock. However if the cannon hits the hill the bounce effects the machine or men on the hill.

I disagree. The rulebook states how a cannonball bounce move is handled (and stopped). It's the last sentence in the 4th paragraph in the "Firing a Cannon" section on page 87. A cannonball bouncing into a hill will keep going up it as normal unless it was classified as a sheer cliff or the like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, the 7th ed rules clearly state how a cannon ball is moves. Using 6th ed errata is a no-brainer, as there have been many changes from 6th to 7th. More than likely if they wanted to keep something in 7th that had been added in an errata for 6th, they would have kept it in.

+ Reply to Thread