Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
After having played a big game with 4.5k points a side, there were multiple rules questions that we weren't sure of.
1. Do fear causing units still cause fear if they are fleeing?
2. Do cannons have to determine which lvl they are shooting at like the rat warp cannon? (Example: Cannon is on a hill, it is shooting shooting a group another hill, could it hit a unit behind the hill on a different level?
3. Dwarf Hellblaster gun- Guy said to shoot at a unit, but unit was out of range. Does gun still have to roll the artillery dice and potentially get a misfire?
4. If an artillery piece misfires and HAS to repair next turn, can it move?
These were all questions we could not find a definite answer to in the rule books and any help answering them would be appreciated.
Ogre Overlord Tyrant
2) if you want to shoot a unit on a cliff say the yes, but if the ball lands short and bounces into a cliff then it will stop. The cannonball is avble to ''bounce'' up hislls fine. However even if on a hill, you cant see units on the far side of another hill, so are unable to target them. Technically you can ''overguess'', but its seen as very unsporting.
4) Not positive, but id say yes.
4) I would say no. The crew have to spend the turn repairing it, so dragging it around whilst doing so seems unlikely.
3) hmm i see your point. Id have to check the dwarf book really
4) the rules say that a misfire means they are unable to shoot. It doesnt say they cant move though, so they can if they want too. This is probably a good idea sometimes after a misfire, to line up a shot next turn. Sometimes you have to look beyond logic to get this game...
I'm pretty sure you have to roll even if out of range. The gunners don't know they are out of range.
Mirage Arcana Podcast
The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.
3) In the rules for the Organ gun on page 40 of the dwarf rule book, under the section that says "Firing the dwarf Organ Gun", says "Roll the Artillery dice and then measure the range."
And LoS rules are to draw LoS from the model its self, getting down over the table. So a cannon on a big hill might be able to draw LoS over a smaller hill.