Giant Base Size?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giant Base Size??

Howdy, I am in the process of scratch-building a Chaos Giant but i have no idea about the base size - this is my confusion: 1) base-chart says 50x50 2) chaos giant box (i think) and a redshirt at the store told me 50x75?? so which one is it then???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The old giant model had a 50mm base, but the new one has 75x50. To be honest i dont think it really matters whickh you use, so long as its atkeast 50mm across the front and atleast 50mm deep then its fine as a monster base.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

GW's base size chart says 50x50mm. Granted, the thing hasn't been updated in 4 years, but it's the closest we've got to official word.

I just went looking for it on the GW website and was unable to find it. I guess maybe they're either updating it or just getting rid of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Giants are on an odd rectangular base, not a square one, it must be 50mm by 75mm.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    Giants are on an odd rectangular base, not a square one, it must be 50mm by 75mm.....
    I have one of the current/new giants in my greenskin army and can confirm it is 50mm wide at the front and 75mm deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thanks everyone for confirming the odd size of the giant base - now i can rest assured that the one i made is the right size.

+ Reply to Thread