Bound Items In Hth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, i have some doubts about this issua, and so does my friends.

If i have a commander or a mage, with a bound item, and i am in close combat, can it be used anyway?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume so, but it depends on what the bound spell is. The only spells that can't be cast while in hth is a magic missile, and spells that require a line of sight. The latter would only work if the spell is one that explicitly states that it can be cast into a combat, and then would only work on the unit the mage is fighting, or the unit he himself has joined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes thats my interpretation too, but since im not english, when i translate things , i sometimes have several possible interpretations.

For example. when you are in HtH you aren´t able to "cast"(concentrate and recite the spell incantation), But, a bound spell doesnt need any casting time or concentration, its there to use, just let it loose.

My interpretation, correct me if im wrong please.

You can use any bound spell even if you are in close combat, unless its missile type spell, or says it cant be cast in HtH.

But.

what happens if i have a commander with, lets say a Ring of Fury(for HE) its a missile spell. And i declare a charge. since the magic fase is before the combat fase they aren´t in combat while charging. or are they? question is, can i use the ring while charging?

thanx again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the charging unit counts as being in close combat the moment it contacts the enemy, not just in the cc phase. If this wasn't the case, there'd be no problem with archers shooting into a melee, since they wouldn't be in close combat during the shooting phase either.

You can use any bound spell even if you are in close combat, unless its missile type spell, or says it cant be cast in HtH.
    This is correct, although I don't think there are any spells that state that they can't be cast in hth...

Also, you can't cast spells that require a LOS out of the combat, as all your mage has a line of sight to, is his opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we could ansewer better if you told us the Army and Item you meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i know all spells can be used in combat unless they are a missile or they specificaly say so in there description.

Closed Thread