Question on Challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    World's Edge Mountains
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Question on Challenges

We used challenges for the 1st time the other day, and there was a situation I was not to clear on because I couldn't find it in the book.

The scenario was that a hero (hero A) charged a unit with another hero (hero and issued a challenge. The heroes battled it out and the hero in the unit (hero died, but there was no overkill. At the end of the combat, does the unit, which didn't fight, still add it's banner/outnumber/rank bonus, to the combat resolution, therefore forcing a a leadership test against the surviving enemy hero (hero A)?

Or is the challenge totally separate and has nothing to do with the unit that turn and next combat round the unit vs. the hero begins?

Or is it something else completely?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

The combat is fought and resolved as normal. Challenges do not override any aspects of the combat resolution rules, otherwise they would say so.

So just follow the fighting, combat res and break test rules as normal.

I've added this question to my common misconceptions thread at the top.
    Last edited by Rork; January 19th, 2008 at 16:42.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread