Couple Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple Questions

1. O unit charges X unit (A is a friendly unit of X), what happenes then? I know this is a basic situation, but i got confused..

OOOO

AAAA

XXXXX

2. Do the Pegaus Knights have 360 line of sight?

3. Can a large target ( Giant ) see over terrain features? Like a forest.

4. The spell Pestilence from the Nurgle's lore can only be dispell,when it is cast. Am I right?

5. All chars are deployed at the same time, like war machines?

Thnx for your time.

Last edited by CGLover; February 9th, 2008 at 08:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

1. What are the A's?

2. I believe they are skirmishers, so yes.

3. Common sense. A giant can see over hedges, some hills, etc. But not over woods, houses and walls.

4. Is it a remains in play spell? In this case you may dispel it with your dispel dice when he casts it, or with your power dice in your magic phase.

5. No. Characters are deployed at the same time but taking turns as with other units.

Hope it helped.:happy:
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by herman1004 View Post
    5. No. Characters are deployed at the same time but taking turns as with other units.
    Characters are always deployed last, and they are all deployed at the same time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Always clarify before the battle about large targets and terrain. It makes the game much smoother when you don't have to worry about it mid-game when people have vested interests.

In general, I agree that giants shouldn't see over trees.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CGLover View Post
    4. The spell Pestilence from the Nurgle's lore can only be dispell,when it is cast. Am I right?
    The spell description is actually really ambiguous... May need Rork here, but although it isnt a RiP spell exactly, it does state that it remains in effect until dispelled. Hence as it is a spell in play, it may be dispelled by your opponant in subsequent magic phases by rolling equal of higher than the base casting value for the spell.
    I think the only difference is that the caster may cast another spell, be slain etcetc, and the Pestilence spell wont end as with other RiP spells.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What are the A's?
    A is a friendly unit of X
    2. I believe they are skirmishers, so yes.
    But with US2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    The spell description is actually really ambiguous... May need Rork here, but although it isnt a RiP spell exactly, it does state that it remains in effect until dispelled. Hence as it is a spell in play, it may be dispelled by your opponant in subsequent magic phases by rolling equal of higher than the base casting value for the spell.
    I think the only difference is that the caster may cast another spell, be slain etcetc, and the Pestilence spell wont end as with other RiP spells.
    Exactly. Pestilence can be dispelled later, but doesn't stop the caster using another spell later on.

It is exceptionally badly worded.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Exactly. Pestilence can be dispelled later, but doesn't stop the caster using another spell later on.
    Yep. I think those people tend to confuse it with the Rod of Corruption which does a similar bound spell and thoughtlessly they transfer the undispellability (what a word 0: ) in consecutive rounds from there to the regular spell
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CGLover View Post
    But with US2
    Pegasi are indeed US2, but they are still flyers, hence making them skirmishers, and having a 360LoS. They can be Killing Blowed, but enemy units shooting at them do not have the -1 to hit penalty (due to the US2)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Page 67 of the BRB, firing against skirmishers who are US 1 suffers a -1 to hit.

And Pegasi are flying cav, just like warhawks. They are US 2 and even though they move as skirmishers on the ground, they are not -1 to be fired at.

Something like a fell bat that's still US 1 would be a skirmiser for shooting purposes.

Hmm, I think I just repeated everything you all said.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast