Kislev - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kislev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kislev

I am wanting to start a new army, and I would like to do Kislev's. I do own the booklet for Kislev that was made for them, but it has them as an allied contingent. I thought that I saw somewhere that there was a complete army list so that you caould run them on their own without using them as allies. Does anyone know, or am I just to use them as allies? Thanks

I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I think you can run them as their own army from that list too. Ice magic is cool! Ill check the book in a bit and see what i can find. Watch for an edit.

Top of page 10, something along the lines of:

''Although designed to be an allied contingent list, may be fielded as a full indepandant list. Obviously limited as its intended as contingent, but still possible''

So yes, it appears you may use them alone!

As you will be a little restricted in choice, id probably say its best to use an Empire army (Kislev themed obviously!) as the main, with a Kislev contingent.

Although, if you want the level 4 Ice Mage at 2K then go for it though her magiv backup may be a but lacking.
    Last edited by Phoenix; February 23rd, 2008 at 04:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I don't think they can, given that the rules only cover rules for them as Allies. It sucks, but I think that's the rules. Someone feel free to disprove it, you'll have my blessings.

As for Ice Magic, that's Katarins, and you can have her in 3K games.

I guess you could just count Empire/Brettonians as Kislevite military. The Knights of the Realm would be a good stand in for trainee knights and allow you to have that Mongolian feel about them with Dan Abnett gave the impression of in Riders of the Dead.

-AFG

+ Reply to Thread