Free move for combat winner Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free move for combat winner Q

I have a question regarding what i thought was called the "lapping rule" on page 46. Consider this question...

XX
    XX
    XX
    XX
    XXOO
    NNOO <-- is a 40x40 Ushtabti
    NN
    NN
    NN

The X's are Saurus and the N's are skinks... How does the Skinks and Saurus get more models into combat? I thought the rule said only the winner could make the free move to move models into combat. It just strikes me as odd because if the 4 lizardmen models that can hit the Ushtabti arent successfull and the Ushtabti wins the combat then the lizards cant move any more models into the fray, just seems pretty stupid since the rest of the lizardmen are chillin until they can manage to win a combat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

They'll only ever get 4 models to fight against a single enemy on a 40mm base like that. The rules on p46 just allow you to change your frontage or turn, you can't say, wrap around and put models on his flank or something if you win. Not sure what sort of rearrangement you had in mind that would get more lizards into combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

The rules for "Lapping around" were gone with the old rule book i'm afraid. The only movement you can do when winning combat is to change the number of models in the front rank (and subsequent ranks as a result) or turn to face if you are being hit in the flank or rear.

So as said before, i'm afraid all you'll be able to do is get the 4 models into base to base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the explaination ^^, Yea i just came back to Warhammer and I mix up the rules from somthing I remember from the previous edition somtimes =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurius86 View Post
    Thanks for the explaination ^^, Yea i just came back to Warhammer and I mix up the rules from somthing I remember from the previous edition somtimes =)
    That happens to a lot of people, even those who have been constantly playing through the edition changes. I didn't start until 7th ed myself, but I can imagine how confusing it can get at times.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread