Mounted heroes in infantry units. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounted heroes in infantry units.

Hey all, I've been reading LO for a few months and just joined, one of my biggest questions is can I run a mounted hero with an infantry unit (ex. orc on boar with some boys on foot).

I've heard a lot about doing that, but have never found the reasoning behind it... is it legal, where in the rulebook or FAQ or something can I find that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Yes, it is legal.

There are a few restrictions, and those are on p73. Characters on flying mounts cannot join units, and characters on chariots can only join other chariots. This one only really applies to Tomb Kings though.

Also, if a character is in a unit he gets the "Look out, Sir!" roll, but if he and his mount are US 5+ they do not benefit from the Look our Sir! rule.

So yes, an orc on boar can be placed with some boyz on foot. Many people put mounted characters in their infantry units because buying the character a mount is a fairly cheap way of getting them a good armour save, plus it gives them handy extra movement if they want to leave the unit.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, thanks a lot, this will be a big help against my regular opponent Wood Elves, I'm sure my buddies would be happy to hear this too.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

And don't forget in the special case of Orcs it also gets you an extra S5 attack when you charge! A handy boost for a Shaman, who would usually diminish your combat output when he joins a unit.

+ Reply to Thread