Hero/Lord with multiple weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Hero/Lord with multiple weapons

I havent seen this in the book, and i've searched and seen nothing about this. Can a hero be equipped with two weapons, and each round chose which one to use? or can he only have one weapon and thats it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

he may have more than one weapon. his/her weapon of choice is decided at the start of combat and must remain consistant for the rest of the combat. for example, a thane has a great weapon, hand weapon and a shield. the thane can choose to use the great weapon OR may choose to use the hand weapon and sheild, he may not change this choice during combat.

magic weapons over rule this. when you have a magic weapon you must always use it.

hope this helps

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I believe Bretonnians have an exception,in which characters may charge using a lance in the first round of combat,then switch to a magic weapon in subsequent rounds. Only exception I'm familiar with though.

But yes, characters may have several weapons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

You better think twice before entering a tournament with a character with more than one weapon though, as you would have to model it on him due to WYSIWYG. Maybe not the biggest of problems though...
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Yes they can have multiple weapons as has already been said. I'd recommend you look carefully at the wording in your army book though, as the ones I have will only let you buy one extra mundane hand to hand weapon (and of course a magic weapon) for a character on top of his basic hand weapon. I don't know if this is true of all the army books though.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The most common example other than the Thane is a Black Orc boss who can fight with HW+shield, 2xHW or Great Weapon as standard. Cavalry are also frequently described as having lance & hand weapon or spear & handweapon, although as the models are mounted possession of the hand weapon doesn't really have any in game consequence, unless you didn't want your str bonus for charging for some odd tactical reason.

+ Reply to Thread