Dragon base size - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Dragon base size

What's the story on the base size for the new High Elf Dragon model? It looks like it's on a chariot sized base (100x50). Aren't monsters supposed to be on a 50x50 monster base? This is the same with the new giant methinks.

Is it supposed to be that size? I'd prefer to put him on a square 50x50 base. Would that be breach of rules or anything?

I want to get one to convert it into a dragon for my Wood Elf army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It will supposed to be on whatever it comes with. Simple as that, really.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

There shouldn't be any problem with remounting it on the base for the model you're replacing with the conversion. Other than a slight increase in terror radius, the longer base is something of a disadvantage, as a regiment that gets your flank can pile on a lot more attacks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    It will supposed to be on whatever it comes with. Simple as that, really.
    I don't know about that. I have bought the same model and had it come with different base sizes in the blister. The wood elf dragon is supposed to be on a 50x50 base.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My local GW say that the rules for dragon bases is now that they can either be on the old base size or the new high elf dragon base size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Well, I bought the dragon, and the warhammer terrain trees, and the two are curing together now - I'm actually typing this post with one hand.

Me thinks the chariot base is due to the balancing act the dragon creates by being lunged forward. I'm no physisist or engineer, but something tells me that this thing will tip over on a 50x50 base. Think about all the other dragons before the HE one, for the most part, very vertical - this one is very horizontal.

I guess I'll have test things out. I'd prefer the 50x50 base for its strategic value though..

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I wonder if the base-size has anything to do with points cost. I mean, I'd generally put that outside GW's realm of thinking, but who knows. It would make sense, a 300pt dragon on a 50x50base is better than a 300pt dragon on a 100x50 base. Unless you're getting better stats along with that bigger base.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread