Wizards and Armor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Wizards and Armor

So...I'm a pretty seasoned pro with 40k but only a little bit of a dabbler in Fantasy but with the re-release of the VC army book i'm considering getting into it. I know in previous editions of Fantasy wizards couldn't cast spells while wearing armor but I can find no such rule in the the current rulebook. Is it still in effect? Perhaps only for certain wizards?

Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

There is no such rule in 7th Ed WHFB. (Of course if you check the rules for ethereal movement on p48 of the VC book it's not entirely clear the authors of VC had moved to 7th ed yet... /wink)

It's now passively enforced, the army books don't let wizards buy armor. If you have a legal way to create a model with armor that knows spells, you are free to cast.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Now, if a model can take mundane armour as a wargear option, then he may also select magic armour. that is the only restriction, casting ability is not affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    (Of course if you check the rules for ethereal movement on p48 of the VC book it's not entirely clear the authors of VC had moved to 7th ed yet... /wink)
    Could you explain this to me please? Have only recently come back to fantasy and I'm not 100% certain what you mean here.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

He makes a reference to movement being hindered by the Pit of Shades spell. The 7th ed version of the spell does not have any movement penalties or related effects associated with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Ah, of course. Many thanks - I haven't come across this spell yet seeing as I play Woodies and Brets mainly and am just starting VC.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Well, i believe it comes into play with the new vampires being wizards AND being able to wear armor. I wondered that actually, as i'm not a huge WHFB buff.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread