Cavalry and Wounds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavalry and Wounds

I have been playing in a small group for about 18 months now, and never realized this problem until a local club tournament, namely, unit of cavalry (Wood elf Wild Riders, in this case) is charged by, a fast cavalry unit, who inflict 5 wounds on the charge. Previously, since rider has a wound and horse has a wound, I would remove two models and hang a wound ring on the third one; but now I am given to understand that five wounds means 5 models go bye-bye due to the Cavalry Casualties rule on page 31.

Ia this right? Is the mount's wound meaningless except when counting unit strength?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yep, pretty much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Yeah, that's how it works.

The only resilience added by Steeds is the +1 Armour Save.

-AFG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

A monstrous mount ridden by a character has separate wounds, but regular cavalry don't get that luxury.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by cybersharque View Post
    ... but now I am given to understand that five wounds means 5 models go bye-bye...
    This is exactly correct.

Think of it one of two ways if you need some validation in your mind to suspend your disbelief.

Wound killed rider... his horse was not going to hang around and fight in cohesion with the rest of the unit on it's own. Thus 1 wound, 'kills' rider and mount.

Wound killed horse... rider now on the ground, likely injured, and if he isn't... well a massive melee is going on around him and he just fell, defenseless, likely in armor/weapons inappropriate for ground fighting and possibly caught up in his riding gear, with enemy troops swarming around and his own troops stomping around (which weight several times his weight on their mounts). And since the enemy just killed his mount, they're very aware he's right there. Thus 1 wound, 'kills' mount and rider.

Though those are only for fluff. The only reason you need, is the page you already know about.
    Last edited by BFGMidwesternPrisoner; March 29th, 2008 at 10:44.
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

+ Reply to Thread