Immune to Psychology - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Immune to Psychology

I don't have much experience playing with or against Immune to Psychology units. Recently my friend started VC and I am going to start Daemons when the book comes out. My question is this, in the Slaanesh lore the first spell is cast on a unit and causes that unit to suffer stupidity for the rest of the game and I am wondering how stupidity interacts with Immune to Psychology units like skeletons and zombies ect.

Is Immune to Psychology just refering to fear, terror, panic and break tests? Or does it also gant immunity to things like stupidity? Initially I wanted to say that it did, but I recently found that the Vampires have a helm that as a negative side effect makes the wearer have to test for stupidity. As the vampire counts as undead and is immune to pyschology, this seems to imply that they are vulnerable to stupidity, thus my slaanesh stupidity spell would work against undead units.

I don't have my rule book with me right now so any help would be appreciated.

The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Indeed, spells like that wont affect ItP units unless the spell rules explicitely state that they are able to.

The case in the VC book is just bad wording on the magic item. That stupidity will override ItP, just like the helm of many eyes on a HoC Slannesh character.
    Last edited by Phoenix; April 15th, 2008 at 20:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most spells that don't affect Immune to Psych troops specify so in the spells description, such as Enrapturing spasms from the Slaanesh lore and Green fire from the Tzeentch lore, so you may be right.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The Immune to Psychology rule doesn't say anything at all about stupidity. I'd say the spell works as normal on them if it has no built in disclaimers. (besides, the line between bravery and stupidity can be a bit blurry anyway...)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    The Immune to Psychology rule doesn't say anything at all about stupidity. I'd say the spell works as normal on them if it has no built in disclaimers. (besides, the line between bravery and stupidity can be a bit blurry anyway...)
    Oh... my god, youre right! Well, that changes a lot! Stupid skellies!?! Noooo.. im so screwed

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Could you give me the page in the rule book for that? I'm gonna need proof before my friend is going to let me cast stupidity on his Grave Guard. Oh that makes the slaanesh lore wicked indeed against VC.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi View Post
    Could you give me the page in the rule book for that? I'm gonna need proof before my friend is going to let me cast stupidity on his Grave Guard. Oh that makes the slaanesh lore wicked indeed against VC.
    The ItP rule on pg 53 tells you which psychology tests/rules ItP models are immune to.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

It's in the psychology section on the page after fear and terror. Immune to Psychology is a special rule with a particular definition. It's not just like, a blanket statement that the rules in the 'Psychology' section don't apply.

Some confusion crops up around this because troops in combat are frequently referred to as being 'immune to psychology' in 7th edition. This is a bit of a misstatement. The actual rule says troops in combat are not affected by Psychology rules unless otherwise specified. They do *not* gain the 'Immune to Psychology' special rule as is frequently quoted. The special rule, despite its broad sounding name, only actually applies to a subset of the rules in the Psychology section.

(also leads to the mistaken idea that the auto-break due to outnumbering fear causers can never happen under RAW.)

+ Reply to Thread