Challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Challenges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Challenges

Quick question, Can a single character challenge another single character? Say.. Karl Franz on griffon challenge Lord Kroc-gar on his carnasaur. Both characters are not in any units, just by themselves (and there mounts obviously). So is that just a normal fight? or is it a challenge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Sure, you can challenge. All of the reasons I know of for doing it are fairly beardy and won't get you in good with your friends, but it's fine by the rules! =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

I don't understand

What would be the benefits?
    Are there any?
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The overkill bonus, potentially (See the combat res section for details).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are also some magic items which only work in challenges if i remember right ........ either that or im going mad ........
    GEN 29:The 1st time you see this copy into your sig and add 1 to the generation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rugby gamer View Post
    I think there are also some magic items which only work in challenges if i remember right ........ either that or im going mad ........
    Yes, there are a few.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Well, I shouldn't be so quick to call things 'beardy.' Using an item as it was designed to be used is just playing the game. If you leave your beefy character hanging out somewhere and he gets plowed by Van Horstmann's, don't be so careless with your characters.

I was thinking more of tricks involving being locked into hitting that character. e.g., I know a particular character doesn't have a magic weapon for whatever reason. Challenge him with a banshee or spectral vampire. He's now locked in a combat with a model he's incapable of hurting. Pile a horde of zombies on the side for a nice +6 combat res that can't be hit. And so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea some items are for challenges only, like Van Horstmans Spectrum or somthing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    I was thinking more of tricks involving being locked into hitting that character. e.g., I know a particular character doesn't have a magic weapon for whatever reason. Challenge him with a banshee or spectral vampire. He's now locked in a combat with a model he's incapable of hurting. Pile a horde of zombies on the side for a nice +6 combat res that can't be hit. And so on.
    That seems no less fair to me than having the single character win the combat by slaughtering said zombies and killing the other character with combat res.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Moglun View Post
    That seems no less fair to me than having the single character win the combat by slaughtering said zombies and killing the other character with combat res.
    /shrug, My perception was that the hazards of combat res are a built in and intended liability for undead players who let their characters go solo (and ethereal models in particular), and the challenge mechanism was a clever redirection of a rule in order to circumvent it =)

Hence that sort of thing is always subjective, and the OP has long since been answered, so I will shut my trap.

+ Reply to Thread