Strengh 1 Killing Blow? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Strengh 1 Killing Blow?

I've been in a few discussions with a friend of mine, and we cant seem to find the right answer.
    The scenario is that one of the characters, have the killing blow abillity. He's fighting a Herald of Nurgle with the Miasma of Pestilence. Our dear character, has now only S1, and according to the wound table, cant wound him on a 5 or 6.

So the question is, does the Killing Blow abillity still available?

A theory of mine is that, even though the table says his attack has no effect, he havent ''forgotten'' his abillity and thus is still able to make the KB on the role of a 6.
    Another theory is that, abillity or not, if he havent got the strengh to hit, then he cant make use of if.

I've searched and read, and read and searched, so hope that I might get an answer from one of You guys.

Best Regards
    KAB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yes, something with S1 can KB something with T10 in theory, as all you need to do is roll a 6 to wound. Not being able to wound normally doesn't affect KB. (unless i've just missed something, but under the KB rules there is nothing)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Interesting question. Now I really don't know what would happen, but I will give you my thoughts on the matter on both sides of the issue.

1) KB works as normal, as it says under killing blow that all you need to do is roll a 6 to wound. Pretty straight forward, and there really is nothing that can be added to this argument.

2) No it doesn't work. Why is because on the wound chart, if your strength has an "N" by your opponents toughness, it says you have "No chance" of wounding your opponent. Now it could be argued that a killing blow is a pretty serious wound, so therefore, not being able to wound your adversary normally could be said to preclude killing blow.

I think it comes down to how you perceive KB to work. If it is just a massive body shot that cleaves right through flesh, then I would say it wouldn't work. If it is a more precise shot, say a dagger in the eye, or a slice to a particularly vulnerable spot, then I would say it would work.

If I had to decide now based on the wording in the book, I would have to say it would work, and justify it as above, a shot in the eye.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I think if we look at poison we can get an answer. The rules specifically state that if you need higher than a 6 to hit with poison (like with blowguns for example) it is no longer poisoned. They make no such distinction with killing blow therefor it must be intended to always work.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Can you KB a herald at all though? He looks kinda like he'd be more than US2.

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    Can you KB a herald at all though? He looks kinda like he'd be more than US2.
    You can still killing blow US2 stuff. Remember cavalry? In any case they are still infantry models mounted on 25mm bases and so are US 1.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu View Post
    You can still killing blow US2 stuff. Remember cavalry? In any case they are still infantry models mounted on 25mm bases and so are US 1.
    InquisitorAffe isn't questioning its effect on US2, but that it is 'only' US 2? I would expect it to be.

- - -
    frozencore: Although that is a valid consideration, it is not entirely the same situation as to roll higher than a 6 to hit you need to roll two different dice, thus requiring clarification.

Unless there is anything in the rulebook saying you don't roll to wound if you can't wound (instead of it being the case that people don't roll because there is normally no point) then I would say Killing Blow still works.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Huh, really? Skulltaker and Epidemus are on 25mm bases? The models look so huge! I guess those are the special character ones though.
    Last edited by InquisitorAffe; May 27th, 2008 at 17:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epidemius, Skulltaker, and any of the new Daemon characters (special or not) on some kind of mount are still only US2, counting as cavalry. The palanquin/jugger/disk only count as cavalry mounts. You can still killing blow them.

Provided you get past the ward save. =D
    Last edited by Zakrael; June 3rd, 2008 at 00:39.
    Unnecessarily merciless since 1998

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 26th, 2008, 23:47
  2. May 26th, 2008, 23:36
  3. May 26th, 2008, 23:30
  4. May 26th, 2008, 23:24