Chariot US - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chariot US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariot US

I apologize if this is in a FAQ but I can't find the reference sheets! The new GW site broke Kuffy's link.

My question is thus--in the US chart, Chariots have US 4 while "Ridden Chariots and Monsters" have US Chariot/Monster + 1, in this case, 5.

Now, what exactly is a ridden chariot? I'm inclined to believe that it specifically refers to characters riding the Chariot, but it doesn't make sense that a normal Chariot is US 4 and therefore insignificant for many rules...

Condensed--Do Chariots have US 4 or 5?

A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Yes, chariots are US 4 unless a character is riding in them, which would up the US by 1. Basically it is saying that by adding a character you are upping the US by 1, whereas normally with its normal crew it is a US 4. Monsters are the same way. They have a US equal to their wounds, but adding a character adds another US 1 to the model.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Chariots have US equal to the number of wounds on their profile. This is 4 for most Chariots. TK light Chariots are US3 each.
    Mounting a Character gives +1US, and TK have an item to give a Character in Chariot US5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, kently. Phoenix, I think all chariots are 4, not starting wounds. Light Chariots do have US 3 but that's in their rules, not b/c of wounds. But I think in practice you're right, except in the case of Settra and maybe Gorthor (don't know his rules).
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

+ Reply to Thread