screening troops - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

screening troops

gnoblar fighters are leading the pack with a unit of rhinox riders close behind...
    my opponent wishes to shoot the rhinox riders...why can't he?

just to poke fun in the last tourney I took 3 units of gnoblars and had them all in one rank each to screen the entire ogre army from enemy fire.
    sure I get multi charged, and I break after the first round of combat, he chases me down and slaughters me...but he doesn't move after the charge, and I have a fresh new unit behind them. just waiting to be charged next turn. 40 points to ensure I get the charge and no body shoots the expensive units, I'm sure that's what was intended for the gnoblars however, I doubt they intended to screen rhinox riders, they aren't "large" but they're sure a heck of a lot larger than an ogre.

Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Rhinox Riders are large Targets, they can be shot at. Also, does your opponant not overrun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Rhinox Riders are large Targets, they can be shot at. Also, does your opponant not overrun?
    only bull rhinox is large
    you cannot overun unless you deal enough wounds in the combat phase to wipe your enemy in one turn....which happens to have to be the turn you charge.
    after that it is now combat resolution. which you cannot overrun on.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

You said they break after the 1st round of combat.. ahh well lol.

What is the rules Q here exactly?

The Bull Rhinox is Large, hence the whole model can be shot at over non large units.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    only bull rhinox is large
    you cannot overun unless you deal enough wounds in the combat phase to wipe your enemy in one turn....which happens to have to be the turn you charge.
    after that it is now combat resolution. which you cannot overrun on.

Yeah, you're right on overrun - you have to completely wipe out the other person on the turn you charge... but if you break, he can chase you with a pursuit move regardless of whether someone charged that round or not. So if he multi-charges your gnoblars, doesn't kill them all but you break, he can pursue with all his units and run into your ogres (counting as charging). In fact, he'd have to make a test to *not* pursue the gnoblars.

I think there were some pretty big rules mix-ups in your game! :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

since this is going way off topic, the question wasn't about the rules just an observation on the idea of a 3 foot tal guy blocking line of site to something more than 10'
    so I'm bowing out after this.

re-read the pursuit rules and take special notice of what happens when the unit fleeing gets caught.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    since this is going way off topic, the question wasn't about the rules just an observation on the idea of a 3 foot tal guy blocking line of site to something more than 10'
    so I'm bowing out after this.

re-read the pursuit rules and take special notice of what happens when the unit fleeing gets caught.

First off, I don't understand why you'd post an "observation" in the rules help forum and then get seemingly offended when people comment on the rules aspects.... but anyway, why are you telling us to re-read the pursuit rules? If anything, I think you may need a refresher. Specifically, read page 45, the "Pursuit into Fresh Enemy" section. It clearly states that if they reach you with their pursuit move, they charge you. Not too sure what you think we've stated that was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Ok... this thread seemed to have no actual purpose at all. Closed.

Closed Thread