Casualties in a rear combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Casualties in a rear combat

Interesting question, this heavily influenced a game I played on Saturday. Suppose a unit is engaged to its rear only. As it takes casualties, do you collapse toward the front and actually advance the battle line, moving up the enemy models, or do you collapse toward the battle line, moving back the front rank of your regiment? I've always done it by advancing the battle line, since you remove casualties from the rear rank and it seemed more sensible that the attackers would chew their way through the unit than that the unit would collapse backward. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Im not sure exactly what your desciptions mean, but basically treat it like a normal combat. Models in base to base are killed.

Normally removed from the back for convenience, but just remove from the back anyway (not the front). The Charging unit wont advance, but the charged unit moves ''backwards'' to re enter combat if needs be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Normally removed from the back for convenience, but just remove from the back anyway (not the front). The Charging unit wont advance, but the charged unit moves ''backwards'' to re enter combat if needs be.
    Essentially what I was saying in an unclear way is, I play it the opposite =)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Lol, ahh fair enough. It does make sense to have the Charging unit piling in further, but due to the fact they could gain an extra advantage in distance on overrunning etc, think about how they attack the front. Even if casualties are removed from the front, new models step up to the front ranks, the chargers don't advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

Ah-ha! 36.2 I don't know why I couldn't find that earlier, sorry, false thread. Good thing too, I would have gotten absolutely crushed in that game otherwise =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acutally the unit charging does "plow" into the other unit. Treat the combat as normal like phoenix said. remove casulties from the rear ranks. Then the rule book states that if after a combat a unit is not in base to base with the unit it was fighting then you move them (i.e the charging unit) up into base to base.

+ Reply to Thread