Magic resistance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic resistance

When I learned (a long time ago) that my expensive Casket of Soul was close to useless when some one had magic resistance on the battle field, was a sad day.
    But I said to my self, well it is not just TK this hits, all armies are hit by this rule, when a spell targets units on the battlefield or/and the battlefield and effect units, there are magic resistance.

Now I just learned that this doesn't include "all" spell, this is more a TK special rule or a high elven special rule! They drain magic effects all wizard on the table, but magic resistance doesn't work here why??

Does magic resistance work against "Gork's Warpath" or "Wind of Undeath" (new VC spell) or "Cleansing flare" or "Drain life" and all spell alike???

I know when all armies have new rule books and bla bla, but until then when should I save dispel dice and scroll's, and when does magic resistance kick in?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Magic resistance comes into effect when a spell includes the MR generator in it's area of effect.

So, your drain magic doesn't get affected by MR, as it specifically targets a mage. If the mage has MR then it applies. The casket affects every unit that can see it.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread