quick question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quick question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick question

Hey guys seeing as how my gaming group is fairly new to the game there is one thing we are s till not sure about and since i use this tactic all the time we would like to get it clarified. ok so the situation is this. my CC unit is deployed my archers and my opponent is declaring a charge. i chose flee as my charge reaction and roll my 2d6. now from what i understand i move that far away from my opponent and if my opponents nomal charge does not make it to my CC unit then its a failed charge and moves his normal movement. Please correct me if i am wrong.
    However my opponents seem to think that this type of flee movement is the same as fleeing in close combat where he gets to roll 2d6 (pending on the units movement of course) against mine and cut me down if his roll is higher.
    Please help clarify this situation for us as it is quite frusterating lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quick answer: You are right.

Long answer: You roll your 2D6 and move that far away from his unit. The direction you run is along a parallel between the centre of his unit and the centre of yours. His unit must wheel to follow this same direction. If his charge move would catch you where you end your flee move, you are destroyed, and he moves his full charge distance (double is move value). If he can't reach your final position, he only moves a regular move.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're totally right, dude, all the way! You flee 2D6 away and if his FULL charge move does not reach you, you're safe and he moves his M value (failed charge). If he does reach you however, even after you're 2D6 mouvement you're caught.
    Charge move =not pursuit move (in fact it's SO totally diffrent)

That's sad for you. Hope you won't get in other problems like that again.

Peace out

Railarian55

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

It would however be an interesting game of Warhammer where cavalry could force pursuit dice-offs from full charge range... =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome guys thanks a lot for helping clear all that up. greatly apreciated

+ Reply to Thread