Skaven...a Few Queries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't collect Skaven hence I don't have the book, but I have read it and I play them a lot. But there were a few of the special rules I was unsure of.
    1. Packmaster Whips. Say a packmaster is in a Giant Rat unit. 5 ranks of giant rats in front of him. If the front rat is killed, can he still use his whip? You see, in the book (as I read it anyway) it says "Like a spear" so can you still use the whip or is it rendered unuseable, as a spear is if the person in front dies.
    2. Ranks Bonus leadership. Is the leadership bonus from the rank bonus, ie a flank lowers leadership. And do you count the ranks from the start for leadership (as you do rank bonus) or from the end of the combat.

Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

1. When it says just like a spear I think they meant that it can be used from a second rank, and if the front one is killed the second one will still get to use the spear(or whip) there's no reason why they wouldn't.

2. I think you count it at the end of combat, as it says they add their current ranks bonus to their LD. And yes being flanked or rear charged you loose the LD bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, thats claered it up a lot for me. My local GW Veterans night interprates that you can't use a spear if the guy in front is killed as you are assumed to be moving forward, but I checked the rulebook on spears and I can't find it mentioned. it does say if a model in front is in contact with the enemy (does it count if they die). So from what you said not only packmasters, but other units with spears can still attack if the guy in front is killed? I was just wondering as it would be a great help for my gobbos especally!
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you charge an enemy unit with a spearmen unit, you can only fight with the front rank. In the next round of the same combat, you may fight with 2 ranks. If charged from rear/flank you can only use one rank, so it's only if you "stand still" and fight at the front of the spearunit that you can fight in two ranks.

Closed Thread