Do fleeing flyers panic friendly units? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Do fleeing flyers panic friendly units?

My unit of Warhawks broke and flew over a unit of Glade Guard, landing just past them. My opponent asked if the Glade Guard would take a panic test, and I answered no.

I reasoned that the rulebook stated fleeing units must move through friendly units. The rules for flyers state that they fly over intervening terrain and units. To me, there's a clear difference between over and through.

What do you think?

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

I think you have it spot on dave. It clearly states on page 68 that flyers may move over interposing terrain and units. So, as you stated, you aren't moving through them at all, but over them.

It's gets a little trivky, though, if you unlikily manage to land on top of a friendly unit, and the unit in now on the ground. In this case, I'd say you have now moved through the unit, as page 68 also states that flyers begin and end their move on the ground.

Tim

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Im just trying to imagine Pegasus Knights, chased away by some Terror causer, deciding to swoop down and play a practical joke on the peasant bowmen. Unfortunately it goes wrong and the bowmen run away back into the woods...

I think you have it right Dave, but if you ever wanted to fluff up the game a bit, then throw in something like the above

+ Reply to Thread