Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I found a little matrix a while back about stubborn on Warseer that was troubling me, as it seemed that stubborn troops pretty much never gained benefits of enhanced leadership at any point, unless a stubborn character was in the unit with them.
I also trawled the FAQs last night and couldn't find anything, and my BRB is packed away before I move, so I don't have the chance to access this resource either.
So basically, I'd like help with teh following scenarios:
1) Stubborn unit led by non-stubborn character. Does teh unit test stubborn at teh character's leadership or their own?
2) Stubborn unit within 12" of a non-stubborn general - again, do they test on teh general's leadership or their own if they are going to be stubborn?
3) Non-stubborn unit led by a stubborn character - is the unit stubborn?
4) Non-stubborn unit within 12" of a stubborn general - does the unit test against general's leadership as stubborn?
Page 78 in the BRB nearly covers all of it.
Well, let's see:
1) and 2) are somewhat similar (since a non-stubborn character in a stubborn unit won't get stubborn itself): they use the best ld value available to them. If the modificators for a break test makes the char's/general's leadership worse than their own, they use their own leadership.
3) Yes, the unit actually is effectively stubborn as long as a stubborn character is with the unit
It ain't easy bein' green... :-)
The above is pretty spot on.
Basically, a stubborn unit always uses the highest possibly Ld available. If their own unmodified Ld is greater than anything else available, then you use that instead.
Thanks for this guys. SO basically Stubborn characters acting as general as a false economy, they are better off sitting in the front of a hammer or anvil unit...
basicly lets say that you have a non stuborn char LD 10, and a unit that's stuborn ld 8.
against say shooting you would test ld 10,(char)
in CC you lost by 1, you would test on LD9,(char)
in CC you lost by 2, you would test on Ld8,(char/unit)
in CC you lost by 3+, you would test on LD8, (unit)
Painting: 20 quarrelers