Breaking and fleeing combat from challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking and fleeing combat from challenges

if a general loses combat in a challenge and fails break test does the unit he's in flee with him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Mmm, need to rewind a bit on that one. A challenge is still part of the larger combat it's taking place in. The combat resolution generated by the challenge goes back into the total for the entire combat. The general never stops being part of the unit, he and the unit will take a single break test together just like any other time.

The practice of pulling the fighting models out and setting them on the side is purely aesthetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the bonus's for rank and standard (if general is in unit w/ranks,std) would still apply for combat resolution right?

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Sure, it's still a combat. The results of the challenge just count as wounds (+ any overkill) to the total combat resolution. The rest of the two regiments (if both participants are in units) also still fight each other as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my savage orc warboss was only one left from sav orc unit so i charged the chaos unit of chosen led by their chaos lord challenged and thought i won combat by one but i woulda lost by three because i did not count the rank bonus and standard bonus. thanks for clarification i havent played many games in the last few years and am still shakin of the cobwebs but every game we get a lil better. guess i owe mr. tzeentch a beer or three.

(master of the run on sentence)

+ Reply to Thread