Breaking from Combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking from Combat

I couldn't find any mention of this in the book, so I've been erring on the side of caution and saying you cannot-- but can you elect to break from combat? Say I charge with a Movement 9 Alter Noble into a unit of Dwarf Warriors, challenge and defeat their Thane-- can I choose to break at the end of combat and trust my 3D6 flight to the Dwarfs 2D6-1, and trust my LD10 to rally? Then go charging toward another unit, to challenge another Thane or Runelord?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

No. I think you used to (like, 5th ed or something) but currently you can't do that.

The other thing to consider, is when you do break away, and rally with mighty LD10, you can't declare a charge until next turn. So, the Dwarfs could charge you again, or even if not, if takes 2 of your turns to do this - at most, you'll get to so this to 2 units - seems like a waste of a Lord character.

On top of that, Dwarven characters are nothing to scoff at. Most will probably we licking their lips to be honest. Unless you have nestlings, in which case, see next line...

Finally, simply challenging doesn't guarantee anything. He can refuse t keep his character safe, or accept with a unit champion.

Of course, if you're going to charge a fully ranked up unit with one elf, you might just fail your LD check anyway

Tim
    Last edited by timk1111; December 27th, 2008 at 09:37.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You certainly haven't been able to in all the editions I have played (4th onwards). Like I say in my handy FAQ, if you can't find it in the rulebook, it isn't a rule. There aren't any hidden easter eggs or 'lost' pages.

The rules are very clear at the points you can flee (both voluntarily and involuntarily).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread