Question about abillities given to units in-game and chars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x0)

Question about abillities given to units in-game and chars

First post ever with a question

Now that we have a WOC shrine to give nifty buffs to a unit I was wondering.

If a shrine gives his roll to a unit with a character, does the character benefits from the roll?
    if so, what happens when he leaves the unit?

I ask because the ruling in eye of the gods table says that you write down the result and you have it till the end of the match,
    but since it's not a challenge roll but a roll given to a Whole unit I don't know if the character would keep the result or not if he was to leave the unit.

Sorry if this has been answered before and sorry for any bad spelling (not my main language )

2. Remove Advertisements

Panama City Beach, Florida
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

443 (x8)

Welcome to LO!

The benefit granted by the Warshrine is slightly different than a normal roll on the EotG table, as its only temporarily given by the shrine.

I am certain that if the character in your example left the unit, he would no longer have the benefit. If he did, then that would be two units under its effect, when it clearly only allows one per each shrine.

So a character should only benefit while attached to the affected unit. This is assuming he does gain the benefit; I can see no reason why he does not. (Just like how he would be affected by magic targeting the unit.)
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; January 5th, 2009 at 08:15. Reason: spelling
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

+ Reply to Thread