Power dice (newbie question) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Quito, Ecuador
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

Power dice (newbie question)

Good evening to everyone.

A friend of mine and I have been discussing this topic recently and we cannot find the specific answer in the magic section of the BRB (begining on pg. 104).

Do the generated power dice "accumulate" from one magic phase to the next ?

I think that the answer is NO. I get this opinion from reading the "magic phase sequence" on pg. 105, and from further reading of the rules regarding power and dispel dice (pgs. 106-107).

My friend insists that the dice CAN accumulate from one phase to the next. From his reading of the rulebook, he seems to think that only the power dice can be accumulated, not the dispel dice.

Can someone point out the correct interpretation of this confusion ? Thank you all for your responses, they are as always very appreciated.

Last edited by Lord_Viper; January 10th, 2009 at 01:54. Reason: typo
    "Look Mr. Bubbles... Adam!"
    Visit Ecuador's First Warhammer Hobby Forum
    Twitter: @marco_vaca Do you have a PS3 ? Let's play some Worms ! (PSN id: viper0478)

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Power dice and dispel dice do not carry over from turn to turn. Any dice left over at the end of the magic phase are discarded. You can read this in the section you mentioned, or rather the fact that you don't read it means that it doesn't happen. There are certain magic items that let you store dice to move them to another phase, such as the diadem of power in the lizardman army, or the rod of power (think this is what it is called but could be wrong) in the empire army to name a couple that I know.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread