A question or two about challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question or two about challenges

Hello friends,
    I'm a relatively new player and during a recent game with another new player a couple questions about challenges arose.

My Dwarf Lord was challenged by his Exalted Champion. The Exalted Champion was in a unit of CW's and my Lord was in a unit of Hammerers. We were confused about the remaining models fighting while the challenge/duel is going on. After the first round of combat neither characters had wounded each other, but the Hammerers beat the crap out of his warriors and they broke. We we'rent sure on what to do at this point. Can the units leave their respective characters? Also, a chariot charged into my Hammerers in the flank while the duel was being fought during the second round of comabt. They managed to survive but we we'ren't sure what to do if the Hammerers had broke and fled.

Thanks,
    Krawldad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The character breaks and flees with his unit if they lose combat and fail their test. He may be brave and heroic and all, but he's still a part of the unit.

Not sure what info you need on the second part of your question. If the hammerers had lost and fled, they'd run just like any other combat, the challenge doesn't change that part.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Seems what you are asking is if a challenge has any affect on breaking. No it doesn't. A character can even win a challenge, but if his unit loses combat and flees, he goes with them.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krawldad View Post
    Also, a chariot charged into my Hammerers in the flank while the duel was being fought during the second round of comabt. They managed to survive but we we'ren't sure what to do if the Hammerers had broke and fled.

Thanks,
    Krawldad
    I think you want to know from WHOM the hammerers would have fled (chariot or unit). I'll let someone else answer it, as I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

You would flee from the highest unit strength, which would normally be the unit you were facing.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread