Question about the Accursed Armour and the Helm of Commandment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Question about the Accursed Armour and the Helm of Commandment

So someone over in the VC section claims that if a character is using both of these items any unit it commands will use the model's unmodified Weapon Skill, not the modified one (-3 from Accursed Armour). I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of if this is true or not?

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I'm rather certain that GW's FAQ answers it. Have you checked there?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    So someone over in the VC section claims that if a character is using both of these items any unit it commands will use the model's unmodified Weapon Skill, not the modified one (-3 from Accursed Armour). I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of if this is true or not?

It's in the FAQ. The modified WS is used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

Which is why you don't put them both ont he same character. Put them on seperate characters and then use the crown of command on the other character wearing the armour, thus trumping it.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

WHAT THE HECK GW HAS AN FAQ ON IT!!!!

Can I get a link because I was looking at their new site and, well... aside from the products I can't find ANYTHING on that stinking thing. I have a strong urge to complain to them about their website and how annoying it is. In fact I have stopped going there because of the new setup and how it just bombards you with the products and tries to cram stuff down your throat.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Go to GW's site, then fantasy, then articles, then gaming, and then frequently asked questions. No, it's not convenient. For a section that critical, burying it under a hierarchy of links seems silly.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...05_Edition.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

OHHHH It's under Frequently Asked Questions. Hrm, I figured it would be under Rules updates or something like that how it used to be, or each article would be within their own. Man I thought I read through every single article title, but I must have missed it.

Hopefully this sticks a potato in their tailpipe (a fairly rude email to GW)

Let me just say for the record: I liked the old site, things could be found and it didn't feel like I was having my money ripped out of my pocket everywhere I went. But now that I'm getting back into the game I come in to find any rule updates, and I can't find them. I checked the gaming section to find a hundred article titles and was unable to find it among the masses of useless junk. So I checked under the Vampire Counts section for any rule updates, since logic says if they cannot be found under the Gaming Articles they MUST be in the specific army's articles. And nothing. So I assumed that there were no rule updates and everything was too new for there to be anything.

So I go on a forum and run across a post about something that sounded silly and I asked for help on the subject in the rules section. What do I get? Check Games Workshop's FAQ on the subject. At this my jaw dropped and I realized that there must be an FAQ and I just couldn't find it. So I asked for a link to the article and someone gave me directions to it. To a gamer one of the most important things would be any rule updates that might have been there, however instead of having them in a blatantly obvious section as they used to be, they are hidden in a subsection of the Gaming Articles, cleverly titled Warhammer Facts and Questions.

So there I finally find what I was looking for and instead of being greeted by, well... a Q&A section I find all kinds of changes to the rules, important things that a gamer cannot effectively play without. Needless to say this has me in a fairly foul mood. Instead of finding important articles on gaming on the website I am attacked and harassed by tons of little ads trying to sell me things. What happened to the GW that cared about the gamers, when did you lose your souls?
    Last edited by archonofdeath; February 20th, 2009 at 04:03.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

The site upset me at first, but I learned its layout, switched browsers to Chrome, and have had a much better time of it, though I don't visit it that often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

It upset me at first as well, then I got used to it, quit Warhammer and now my sister's friend is getting into it, meaning Beer and Warhammer nights, and the prospect of tabletop gaming with booze is nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    It upset me at first as well, then I got used to it, quit Warhammer and now my sister's friend is getting into it, meaning Beer and Warhammer nights, and the prospect of tabletop gaming with booze is nice.
    Haha, you mean booze and broads and Warhammer.

+ Reply to Thread