About oathstone and disposal of victims - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

About oathstone and disposal of victims

I have a little question about this situation.
    Dwarf warriors (5x4) with thane with oathstone are charged in front. They loose 2 warriors.
    Combat is a draw for 2 rounds. Then they are charged in the back by another unit. The back rank has only 3 models in it. How do I line up? Since the back is not really a back rank, can I rank up 5 models, taking 2 from the 3rd rank? If so, where do I remove victims? In the middle maybe? This gets even more complicated if a third unit would charge them in the flank...
    I'm assuming of course that the dwarfs don't break (drawing combat, being stubborn or whatever)
    Thanks for your enlightenment.

2. Remove Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Edmonton, AB
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

You move back enough models from rank 3 into rank 4 to form a complete fighting rank to the rear. Casualties still technically come from the back rank, although for practicality it may be easier to take them out of the middle (also saves some headache remembering how many eligible attacks you have in each direction if the enemies have different initiatives). Once you have lost three models your regiment will collapse in a rank toward the front and the enemy on the rear steps up. Note the oath stone has nothing to do with this. You always do it that way when fighting an enemy who is on your rear rank. The front-most rank remains stationary and enemies engaging someone's rear move up as their victim loses ranks.

Casualties inflicted by enemies on your flank still also come off the rear rank. You never lose a file to casualties until you are down to your last rank.

The oathstone doesn't really affect all this that I can see.

+ Reply to Thread