Rules for Converting Miniatures... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Rules for Converting Miniatures...

I'm not sure if this belongs in Modeling or here, one way or another it's the same question. What are the rules for converting models for Official Tournaments?

I've looked at GW's rules and could not find what is worrying me.

If I were to, lets say, convert Daemonettes into Vampire Count Vampires (aka use them for every model that has the Vampire special rule as a kind of unifying semi-bestial Lahmian Vampires) and the outcome were all OBVIOUSLY meant to be female vampires equipped with ______ (aka if they have Heavy Armour on they will, in fact, be fitted with, if not fully covering, at least most pieces of Heavy Armour).

Or lets say I wanted to take The Knightly Order and remove the horses (keeping the barding), replace them with the Skeletal Steeds of the Tomb Kings (gluing the barding to them), and then putting the Knightly Order on these steeds with any exposed flesh replaced with a Skull.

Would these go over well at a Tournament or other GW sponsored event (obviously non-GW events will have different rules, but I couldn't find anything covering these things specifically (aka using out of race models that are converted to obviously be the units there are being played as).

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    I'm not sure if this belongs in Modeling or here, one way or another it's the same question. What are the rules for converting models for Official Tournaments?

I've looked at GW's rules and could not find what is worrying me.

If I were to, lets say, convert Daemonettes into Vampire Count Vampires (aka use them for every model that has the Vampire special rule as a kind of unifying semi-bestial Lahmian Vampires) and the outcome were all OBVIOUSLY meant to be female vampires equipped with ______ (aka if they have Heavy Armour on they will, in fact, be fitted with, if not fully covering, at least most pieces of Heavy Armour).

Or lets say I wanted to take The Knightly Order and remove the horses (keeping the barding), replace them with the Skeletal Steeds of the Tomb Kings (gluing the barding to them), and then putting the Knightly Order on these steeds with any exposed flesh replaced with a Skull.

Would these go over well at a Tournament or other GW sponsored event (obviously non-GW events will have different rules, but I couldn't find anything covering these things specifically (aka using out of race models that are converted to obviously be the units there are being played as).
    Both these should be perfectly legit. As long as your army was obviously Vampire Counts, then both these substitutions would be fine, they are all GW models, they are all very obviosuly not Dameonettes or Empire Knights when in that army etc etc. I am using some models from other armies in my VC army, for example a Mordheim mage as a Necromancer, and using Bretonnian horses with old metal Chaos Steed spiky heads as Nightmares

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

And as an aside - I use the same stuff for teh horses for my Black Knights, though I use Grave Guard bodies rather than Knightly orders...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

I was strongly debating using the grave Guard Bodies, but the cost racks up too high since I already want the Knightly Order for the Barding (and my intention was to get both Grave Guard and Knightly Order as well as the Tomb King Skeleton Horsemen).
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

You could always bitz order the steeds from Games Workshop, and then get the GraveGuard and TK Skellies boxes, TBH I picked mine up from EBay and I have loads of old Dragon Princes steeds which have been "upgraded" to the newer version of the Elven steed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Bitz Order costs more than buying a box of them from Wayland Games. But simply I don't feel like putting an extra 13 dollars into each unit when I can successfully paint the armor of the Knightly Order something tarnished/dark and replace the heads with skulls instead of spending all that extra money on each unit. Personally I think it would look better as well because they have the unifying "Knightly Order" look to them so they actually come off as Knightly Order who have fallen in battle and been Revived.

+ Reply to Thread