When does a Challenge end? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

When does a Challenge end?

I am playing a game at the moment where a Challenge just took place. Some help with the situation would be greatly appriciated.

First turn of the challenge.

A Exalted Hero on a mount in a unit of frenzied Knights of Chaos (1 knight model, the rest died before they charged) charges my Saurus Warriors (19 of them) with a Saurus Scar-Veteran in it.

His hero has to issue a challenge, and I accepted. We worked out the challenge first, he caused no wounds while I caused 1. The remaining Knight of Chaos caused 3 wounds on my Saurus Warriors and they in turn killed the Knight of Chaos.

Second turn of the challenge.

He has 1 lone hero in a challenge with my scar-vet, while my 16 saurus warriors stand by and watch. His Hero kills mine by causing 3 wounds. I did not get to attack with the hero, and he dies.

So here is the question... Is the challenge over immidiatly, my saurus can attack his hero in this close combat phase, and then combat resolution takes place including his overkill results from killing my hero?

or... does the challenge end, my saurus do not get to attack, and combat resolution is worked out.

The book only states that my saurus do not get to participate in wounding his hero (the only model left in the unit) during a challenge.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

The challenge ends, the saurus don't get to attack back. Work out combat resolution and carry on.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread