Lore of Metal question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Lore of Metal question

Ok now obviously WoC does not enjoy the lore of metal being used against it. My question is about spells 1 and 6. The ones that have the strength based on the model's armor save. If you are targeted by that spell can you opt to lower your save by not counting your shield for the purposes of the spells strength? Just say that you put your shield on your back right before the spell hit the unit kinda thing.

If you did this would it have to be something that would have to stay for the whole turn. I know you are stuck with your chosen weapon combo if you enter a combat until the combat ends but what about this situation with running across the board for the magic and shooting phases?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You'd have to take it as, Warriors with a shield have a 3+ save. Its not the fact that you can choose to not be holding it. It's the fact that the metal is melting ON you. So sticking it on your back is only going to give you a warm (if not toasty) back.

Well thats the way i'd see if anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm

I think you should have to take the save with the shield. In the BRB, your armor save is clearly stated to be +1 better when you have a shield. We also count the shield when magic missiles hit us, and we benefit from it. When we have to suffer for it, well, we can't just say: I'm a chaos player so I should never be disadvantaged by my armor save. If you're sure that your opponent is going to have 2 lvl4 metal mage, just replace your chaos warriors by Forsaken
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

can't drop your shield, just like you can't dismount from your chaos steeds.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Its the total maximum unmodified armour save the model could possibly get when not in combat that is used for these spells. If the model has chaos armour and a shield then the +3 save is used for the purposes of the spell, you do not include the +1 to the save for having a HW and a Shield as this only applies to combat.

If the model has a Halberd/Additional Handweapon/Great Weapon as well as having a shield then the model still counts the maximum armour save they could have as they can still use the handweapon they come with as standard and the shield instead of the Halberd/Additional Handweapon/Great Weapon so you would still use the 3+ save.

Apply the same reasoning to marauders as well.

I hope this helps.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; February 27th, 2009 at 17:02.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

aight that makes sense. My idea was probably a bit out there but you never know what will work in this game. Thanks for the responses

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

You are welcome.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread