Immune to flaming attacks... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immune to flaming attacks...

Can I get this thread deleted, I found my answer. Sorry guys! Or is there some way I can delete it myself?

*folks, I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my query, I don't know if it's been cleared up before so apologies if it has.

Units immune to flaming attacks, say models in Dragon Armour, etc, are completely immune to all flaming attacks? For example, the Hellfire Sword or the Screaming Skull Catapult as well as the obvious such as flaming breath attacks or a flame cannon blast?

The reason I ask is that, I can understand the armour of asbestos making it so you can't catch on fire or even feel the burn, but that wouldn't matter much when a huge rock made of skulls lands on you, just because they happen to be on fire. A sword with a burning blade may not be able to scorch you, but it's surely going to still have an effect when the actual mass of metal hits you between the eyes?

My friend plays Tomb King, and I never once thought that making my troops immune to flaming attacks would protect them from the SSC... should It?*

Last edited by DarkHeff; March 10th, 2009 at 18:23. Reason: Found my answer, sorry...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Immunity is immunity, there's no room for any other interpretation no matter how illogical it may be.

Whether it's pure fire or a flaming rock, a model that is immune to flaming attacks is...immune to any damage it could cause.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

We are talking about logic in a game where 5 tonne (fire breathing) wizards can fly and summoning demons is possible. Unfortunately common sense was thrown away to avoid, as far as possible, the ambiguity of the rule. A fmaing attack is defined specifically in teh rules. Immunity to flaming attacks is defined specifically in the rules. Ergo, the logic holds regardless of whether the practice makes phsyical sense. Ambiguity creeps in when things are not retconed to being "flaming attacks" when it is obvious they are...this is a symptom especially of older books.

Methinks you had a balefire spike or hellfire sword or similar character bounce off Dragon Princes or a Dragon Lord!

+ Reply to Thread