Saves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Saves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saves

Can someone please explain to me armour saves and ward saves I dont see where in the book it explains it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

They are explained on pg30 of the BRB. An armour save is granted by physical protections, such as armour, shield, scaly skin, magic item, etc. These are cumulative, and you can also add 1 if you are on foot and using a nonmagical hand weapon with a shield to your front facing. The save is modified by the strength of the attacker as given in the chart. There are also some attacks that completely negate armour saves, such as a cannonball.

Ward saves are static. So if you have a 5+ ward save, you always have it at a 5+. The only time it doesn't work is against some particular weapons that say they negate ward saves.

Hope that helps,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

One more question on this old topic instead of starting a new thread - Ward saves can be taken for missle and CC attacks? i.e. Bretonnian Lady of the Lake Blessing giving a 6/5 ward save - is this good against any attack? I was under the impression it was for missle attackes only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Ward saves are all around saves, they can be used vs CC, shooting missiles (including artillery) and against magic too. The only time they don't work is if some rule specifically says they don't work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Erm. Answered six months ago?

Locked.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Closed Thread