Fleeing Ethereals? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fleeing Ethereals?

Hello fellow WHFS players and all.
    As new to this forum I'd start off with a question me and my friends can't find the answer on in the GW definition of Ethereal.

1st question:
    Can a non-undead Ethereal Unit be destroyed by pursuing enemy units (over US 5) or will they simply stop 1" before it?

2nd question:
    If I for example was fighting a unit of Wraiths with my unit of Black Guards, where I've given the commander a magical weapon (meaning he can strike the Wraiths) how is the following situation worked out?

BG
    BGW
    BGW
    C_TB
    BGw
    BG

This is a replica (lol) of the front rank of my Black Guards (BG) and his sole rank of Wraiths with a Tomb Banshee( TB ).
    (the _ is just to show the space between the two commanders
    The Black Guards have the ASF banner so my commander (the only one who can attack them) kills 2 Wraiths and the Tomb Banshee (over a few rounds with some neat rolls)
    making the situation looks like this

BG
    BGW
    BG
    C
    BG

Does this mean that I can never allocate attacks from my commander against the last Wraith and will have to hope that the Wraith does not kill my Black Guards so that I can win on combat resolution, thus killing him?

Additionally, who decides where Undeads (in this case Wraiths) are removed from in the unit? - often it wont matter but in this case (if the answer to the question above is yes) it will matter a whole lot!

I purposely did not put this thread in the VC section, since ½ the question was concerning a (somehow) common rule.

Hope you guys have the time/knowledge (ofc u do) to answer this.
    Thanks in advance guys

- Kasper

Last edited by kasper_the_god; June 16th, 2009 at 08:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kasper_the_god View Post
    1st question:
    Can a non-undead Ethereal Unit be destroyed by pursuing enemy units (over US 5) or will they simply stop 1" before it?
    They can be destroyed as normal.

2nd question:
    Does this mean that I can never allocate attacks from my commander against the last Wraith and will have to hope that the Wraith does not kill my Black Guards so that I can win on combat resolution, thus killing him?
    You are allowed on your turn to move characters and champs into a position that is in combat. So your magic weilder could take over for the normal trooper.

Additionally, who decides where Undeads (in this case Wraiths) are removed from in the unit? - often it wont matter but in this case (if the answer to the question above is yes) it will matter a whole lot!
    The person who owns them, unless you allocate specific attacks against models you want gone.
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply wont fear VC as much now ^^

+ Reply to Thread