Librarium Online Forums banner

Magic

426 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  kithre 
#1 ·
Alright I got two questions so lets get started:). Lets say i'm playing wood elves for simplicities sake (dwarfs ftw:D), and i want to cast a spell, do i get to choose what i want to cast, or is it randomly generated?

And secondly, what is different from a magical attack compared to a normal one? Do you still get normal armor saves?

#2 ·
Lets say i'm playing wood elves for simplicities sake (dwarfs ftw:D), and i want to cast a spell, do i get to choose what i want to cast, or is it randomly generated?
After deployment, you randomly generate a spell for each magic level you have, plus extra for magic items, special rules, endowments, etc. You can always drop any spell you roll for the default one (the first one in the Lore, unless otherwise stated).

And secondly, what is different from a magical attack compared to a normal one? Do you still get normal armor saves?
Magical attacks is a special rule that can be good to remember. Some things only get a ward save against non-magical attacks, or can only be harmed by them, or stuff like that. It's not exceedingly common that the rule comes into play, but it does occasionally.

#3 ·
After deployment, you randomly generate a spell for each magic level you have, plus extra for magic items, special rules, endowments, etc. You can always drop any spell you roll for the default one (the first one in the Lore, unless otherwise stated).

Okay so if you have 1 lvl 1 mage, you get 1 spell. If you have 2 lvl 1 mages, you get 2 spells to randomly generate. And a level 2 wizard would generate 2 spells, correct? And thanks for the super fast reply!

#6 ·
And remember that the magical dice each wizard generates can only be used by him (unless special rules say otehrwise) e.g. each lvl 1 will only generate 1 die so to cast most spells they must also use pool dice (the normally 2 dice that are assigned to teh army), and the level 2 will generate 2 die

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.