Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
1) Lets say I got a lord on a dragon, would his arc of sight be restricted to that of his dragon, or does he has 360' because his riding on a large target?
2) As a side question, can riders on large target mounts see over other non large target models in order to shoot or charge?
3) Does non large target units shoot in multiple ranks against large targets?
4) Can a flying model/unit (non large target) charge Large targets even tho other non large target models/units are standing in the way?
Hope you can/will answer all this. I'm fighting against a star dragon all the time, need some help :p
thanks in advance m8s
1) Mounts with more than two wounds are monsters. Monsters have standard 90 degree line of sight forward, as do their riders.
4) Not only flyers can do this. Skirmishers can as well.
Last edited by WinnipegDragon; June 26th, 2009 at 20:25.
Thanks, that cleared it out for me
Perhaps I should deploy rxb's against that dragon anyway
Well, you can, but it's going to be hard to kill him if is using the standard Armour of Caledor/Helm of Fortune Combo which gives him a re-rollable 2+ and a 4+ ward.
Say a unit of 20 RXBs at short range, not having moved, at BS 4. Best of all possible worlds.
40 shots, 33.3 hit, 22.2 on the Dragon, 11.1 on the Prince.
For the Dragon:
Only sixes wound, so 3.7 wound, he makes 2.5 saves on his 3+ scaly skin, so 1.2 wounds on the Dragon.
For the Prince:
5.5 wound, .15 get through the 2+ rerollable armour, .08 or so get by the 4+ ward save. So basically he's immune to it unless the rolling is really bad.
Try Reapers instead of RXBows.
I see your point there ^^
darnit. Hate that dragon.
Math on reapers:
4 reapers, short range. 2+ to hit, 4+ to wound, D3 wounds, no armor save (not using volley)=
3,33 will hit, 2,22 on the dragon and 1,11 on the rider
1,11 will wound causing 2,22 wounds
0,92 will wound - ward saves half of it so 0,46 D3 wounds = 0,92 wounds...
Better than xbows but double the cost -still bad tho... I should prolly find another way to kill the dragon and let the shooting focus on swordmasters instead ^^
Thanks for the help m8
Last edited by kasper_the_god; June 27th, 2009 at 01:02.
When I or you have a chance, run the numbers on the volley. Might be better odds of shooting off the prince, then you can switch to single shots on the Dragon.
Do DE still have that nifty spell that lets you stop an enemy unit moving? The only time I've found it truly useful was to bring a HE dragon screeching to a halt in front of my DE armies shooting units. Didn't kill it, I confess but smacked it around enough to make it think twice before doing anything else all game.
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!
another option is take lore of metal. hope for #5 (law of gold) and use that on his Vambraces of defense. there goes his re-roll and his ward save.
once that item is out of your way your free to shoot the shit out of the lord and kill his ass. as now you can shoot him with the bolt thrower and insta kill him.
Painting: 20 quarrelers
Gr8 Idea there havent thought of that before!