A couple questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

A couple questions

1. If I had a mage join a unit of Phoenix Guard, would their ward save confer to him. I've seen it played so (and would like it to be so), but I can't find any thing in the book that says it happens.

2. Do unit Champions count as characters for the purpose of spells? Such as Bears Anger. It doesn't seem so to me, but figured I'd ask?

3. If you overrun a unit, and end up hitting an enemy unit that causes fear, what happens? Do you have to take a Fear test? If so and you fail, does the overcharge even happen?

Last edited by Djones9916; September 22nd, 2009 at 11:19.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djones9916 View Post
    1. If I had a mage join a unit of Phoenix Guard, would their ward save confer to him. I've seen it played so (and would like it to be so), but I can't find any thing in the book that says it happens.

I don't have access to a high elf book at the moment, but I wouldn't think so. I don't think the unit as a whole is protected by the ward save, but it's an ability that each member or the unit has. As the character is not a Phoenix Guard they wouldn't get it.

2. Do unit Champions count as characters for the purpose of spells? Such as Bears Anger. It doesn't seem so to me, but figured I'd ask?

Nope. They are not characters, although in some instances they do act as one. These specific instances are mentioned in the rulebook.

3. If you overrun a unit, and end up hitting an enemy unit that causes fear, what happens? Do you have to take a Fear test? If so and you fail, does the overcharge even happen?
    Nope! Overrun is considered a pursuit move and pursuing troops never have to take fear or terror tests. They are so excited by their victory they are ready to take on anything!
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

High elf bestiary states phoenix guard each have a 4+ ward save. nothing about giving their save to anycharacters joining the unit.

He trickst usss!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Djones9916 View Post

nope, the ward save is not passed to the mage. your friend may be getting confused with the rules in regards to shared psycology in a unit, they share their immunity to fear with him but nothing else

sadly no, champions are not characters

nope, its a pursuit roll and as such the unit need not make any test
    hope that helps.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread