Large Target question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large Target question

What are the rules for Large Targets exactly? Do they get benefits for fighting smaller opponents? The only thing I can find in the rulebook is that people get a +1 to hit them with shooting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Usually the benefits are part of their profile. They used to be able to ignore obstacles in combat ie no claiming bonuses for defended obstacle against large targets, but I'm not sure that's still around.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

No benefits for fighting smaller opponents. There main benefit is they can see over units, but that is also a drawback, as they can be seen by enemy units. The +1 to hit them with shooting is the other drawback.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically melee oriented large targets get the shaft as they gain no real benefits for being a large target.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Basically true. Though most of them cause terror which can come in handy. And in certain situations, you may be able to charge the unit behind the unit you are facing. Or if you happen to be a flyer like a dragon, you can charge anything in your line of sight within range.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand the terror thing. I'm looking at it from a TK point of view unfortunately. Undead have the fear thing down already. I was trying to find some advantage to a Bone Giant but I'm not really seeing many. Was hoping that the Large Target thing gave it a little something extra but all it does is make it even more crappy >.<

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

And another drawback: a unit thats going to shoot at a large target gets to shoot with all ranks Now thats alot of arroes from big goblin arrer blocks
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    And another drawback: a unit thats going to shoot at a large target gets to shoot with all ranks Now thats alot of arroes from big goblin arrer blocks
    Not to mention lethal storms of Gnoblar sharp stuff!
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Terror > Fear as you can cause enemies to break just by being near them.

Also, as a large target, as stated you can charge past the first enemy to the one that is behind it, if there is space.

Finally, Bone Giants are pretty tough, much tougher certainly than many other creatures out there, as well as being fast enough to make a second wave attack behind your chariots...

+ Reply to Thread